Help develop the next MP3DP!?!

They do sell 0.4mm nozzles on their site now, as well as hardened steel ones in 0.4 and 0.6

The video you linked previously said the nozzles in the book are listed as M4 nozzles.

Quick search I found these: Phaetus XG Brass Nozzles

I don’t know if those are the same, but it calls them M4…

1 Like

Yeah it was probably 3 months ago now the last time I looked lol. I already have all the parts here to change the hotend. Just waiting for it to need a new nozzle. Right now this one is doing a jam up job so no reason to change it.

Looks like I bought the wrong extruder. I just got the v2s. Oh well. It’s going on an older bed slinger, so probably wouldn’t get very fast anyways.

So does the s in v2s mean slow?

I see a lite upgrade in my future…

I have no idea. I didn’t really do any research and just grabbed this one. I really need to learn to read more or I would have grabbed the lite instead. I bought mine on amazon, so I could take it off the printer and return it.

same. I bought it because it was small and budget friendly. I’m past the return window. It is working great though, but my goals of speed may not be realized with it, however after looking at Ryan’s work with it, there is plenty of headroom before it runs out of capability from where it is currently operating.

This thread has been very very helpful to see the process and try to follow along. It removes some of the unknowns or perceived challenges.

1 Like

Best thing to do with any extruder is run some flow test Advertised numbers are just marketing and rarely realistic. See what you actually get out of it in your environment and then set your slicer accordingly. I love the ability to set max flow in the slicer. Then I can set my speed to whatever I want and it will slow down to what it can do for the flow and speed up in the areas it can. Has been working well for me so far but I am still extremely new in the speed game with tons more to learn. I have also found that combining infill for a few layers speeds up print time drastically. Orca slicer will combine it at what it can depending on flow. I think mine is doing it every 3 layers. So that’s a big time savings

2 Likes

It appears that the only difference between the two is the heater. most of the high flow systems have a longer heat tube… I wonder if that part can be swapped and get the right heater for it to go high flow.

1 Like

I know I have found the parts to change over the lite to a standard volcano nozzle which includes a new throat and hotend. It might work on the standard h2 V2s but I’m not sure and don’t have one to be able to test it.

Bondtech CHT High Flow Nozzle Reviewed — CNC Kitchen Well after taking a harder look at this again. That CHT is looking promising. Outperforming a volcano, which seems very similar to a “lite”.

I still need to try the lite, maybe even nozzle swap it, but maybe swap it out for a CHT v6 style. For the next build.

Just need to choose which CHT and I will place an order today. And test it ASAP. As soon as this thing leaves my test bench it goes into production so I need to get all the testing in quickly.

1 Like

good enough to knock off apparently

I bought a true CHT volcano and regular nozzles. But I haven’t had a chance to test either. I got the volcano one for the lite before I realized it was a different style nozzle lol. But now I have al the parts to swap out for a standard volcano. I have the scale to run cnc kitchen test. And that’s what I have done on the lite for Asa. But I need to do it for pla and run it as far as I can till it get to a 10% loss. Then swap out for the CHT and run it again and see what that gets me. And I will do that testing when I get back home from school. Also want to run the same test on the Rapido with both nozzles and see how that goes. On paper it should run a lot more flow than the lite. But then again that’s on paper lol

1 Like

True but I have watched a few videos on it and the knock offs aren’t much better than standard nozzles but the true bondtechs are quite an improvement

I’ll have to read the patent and see what it is and how the knock-offs are getting around it and not getting cease and desists…

Those are just the brass ones though with a nonstick coating…I think I actually have some of those I never used. If I have time I will slap one in later. I just bought a bi metal version, vanadium inserts?? We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully since it is not all hardened steel it doesn’t as many issues as the fully hardened ones.

some have copper inserts…

Just read the patent. https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search/family/058772617/publication/US11712847B2?q=pn%3DUS11712847B2

the claim says they are drilling so there is a center metal part or inserting a center metal part and the metal part is next to the heater. Could be one hole or many holes.

interesting. so these amazon nozzles are either licensed or infringing because they clearly have all those things.

In the CNC kitchen video I think he talks about the patent as well. To be certain I bought an original.

That nozzle does not look like a direct clone. That nozzle looks like it would cause problems.

not really sure how the real one works either though. seperates to 3 then combine back to one.

it doesn’t look exactly like it, but the product listing states “clone”

I have some knock offs from AliExpress as well. And where the filament enters into the nozzle is very obviously different. It’s much more flat where the real CHT is very sharp to split the filament into 3. Again I have not used either of them yet. And I got the AliExpress ones before I knew enough about them to know there was a difference