Help develop the next MP3DP!?!

Understood. There are tradeoffs and simply more of “this” isn’t necessarily equivalent to “that.”

But sometimes there are ways to get closer.

Does anyone know if the CAD for this “belt manipulator” is available anywhere… and whatever is being used as the “belt bearing”

I ask because I am wiring up my V13DP V4ish and am planning on a full enclosure, so I am trying to route all of my cabling interior to the frame, and the rear XY belts are “in the way”

My build is starting to turn into a V4.5ish lol, i started my V4 build before i knew a V5 was on the way

That part is in the CAD, but I was pretty sure I had two different options for internal wires like that on the V4?

The V4 belts do not cross over so you do not need the separator part.

What was with all the snake logos? If you’re going to try to incorporate the V1 logo in something like that, go big. Go real big…
dune-1984-sandworm

2 Likes

I did not see that particular part in printables.
https://www.printables.com/model/282346-mp3dp-v4/files

Apologies, but i am newish to the forum. is there another place that i should be looking for CAD files, or for files for the V5?

Top post of this thread

It’s still pretty new. Documentation is only available here and here

Here you go…

The V5 CAD Files are here - Fusion V5

The V4 CAD Files are here - Fusion V4

I scrolled and scrolled through this post, and should have started top down, and not bottom up lol

Thank you!

There is a lot of good stuff on the V5 that i want to incorporate in my V4. I now know what ill be doing after i complete my V4ish build

The V5 is a complete redesign. Only part I think would easily incorporate is the Z plates/mounts but I’m not even 100% sure on that. It is a very nice printer. And so far has been easy to build. But I’m no where near done yet LOL

wow… look at that:

wormie

1 Like

Which is why I went with Lynch’s version. Otherwise, it was going to be Tremors

1 Like

So I have been looking at different ways to fully enclose this thing for those that want it.

99% of the time I do not think I do, but it would be nice to have just in case. Originally I was thinking hinges and pop out the pins to remove the door/s. Then I started thinking about just a slide in door.

What do you think about a poly panel with small features that slide locks into a printed part. You can just lift the panel out when not using it. Here is a exaggerated highly detailed sketch.

The green is some small feature with a tab, black would be a printed hook / catch to hold it. The hold could have a very slight angle to push the panel in and the panel could have a slight gasket to really seal it if you wanted. Top panel sits in with gravity, but could have twist latches if it moves much.

2 Likes

1 Like

I love it. That is along the lines of what I was thinking about doing. But much better LOL. Need that for the front and the top!

The bottom corners are easy, Just need to think about the upper ones. This lets me hide my screws as well.

Hips

2 Likes

How about a magnetic strip that goes all the way around the panel edge, holds it in place while acting as gasket, doesn’t require any clips…

Ultimate 3D Printing Material Properties Table, Now I need to try it. You said it before, Why didn’t I get it then?

Ohhhhhh, I like that. I really like that.

Cause your brain saw a different shiny before you could order any. :rofl:

I was looking at it last night, it says nasty fumes. I will dig around a bit more I got a lot of conflicting info. Some say drying required, some said no drying needed ever.