Help develop the next MP3DP!?!

I have some knock offs from AliExpress as well. And where the filament enters into the nozzle is very obviously different. It’s much more flat where the real CHT is very sharp to split the filament into 3. Again I have not used either of them yet. And I got the AliExpress ones before I knew enough about them to know there was a difference

Talk about a fire hose of information! There’s no way I can keep up with this.

I now feel distinctly like @bitingmidge does about LowRider’s. I have barely even started on my MP3DP and now a new version is already upon me. Ugh.

We are just about there. I am almost ready to start a build thread and maybe another build to make instructions a bit easier. The build thread should help people that are interested. Really see where this thread steered us and the costs/results/expectations.

Learning all new firmware takes a little bit. I can say last night I got all the rest of the basics done and working now it is time for some advanced firmware stuff while I wait for that nozzle to test out.

7 Likes

Best thing to do is start you a build thread and ask your questions there. Then your answers will be in one spot. Much easier than trying to dig through a 1000+ post thread lol. I know the V4 was my first ever build. And wow did I learn a TON!!! It was extremely frustrating at times but totally worth it in the end. I’m hoping for a much easier/cleaner build this go around

1 Like

Did you ever get the parts cooling fan mount shared somewhere? I didn’t see it on the Fusion link.

#1 build thread, Lots and lots of details to fill in. V5 #1 The Plated Printer

3 Likes

My only question so far, is will the enclosure parts I previously cut for a V4, work with the new design. ?

If you were careful you could get the corners in the exact same place but the Z uprights and Y rails will not be. The advantage of having a CNC is easily cutting new ones.

1 Like

Yeah, but depending on material, that could be expensive :frowning:

It’s part of the reason I just made mine out of 1/4" mdf.

I went 1/4” acrylic on the V4 and have ordered 1/8” polycarbonate for the V5. I think the 1/8” will be more than strong enough in the directions it needs to be.

Still more than MDF but I like being able to look in and see around the printer lol. Plus I’ll probably try to light it up as well once it’s all up and running

1 Like

Thanks to @Michael_Melancon for pointing it out. I edited my earlier post with the correct file for the canbus top. The core is suppressed in the CAD and I hadn’t unsuppressed enough of it for the original file I uploaded.

1 Like

Oh how badly I want to dive in here and build a printer, but the stress would kill me!

2 Likes

I’ve been following along with this thread with no intentions of ever building one. It’s been really interesting to watch this unfold. I don’t need another 3D printer but now I’m feeling the itch to build one.

4 Likes

Scratch the itch. What’s another 3d printer going to hurt?

1 Like

I damn sure don’t need another printer. But I also damn sure am not going to let that stop me LOL. This thing is just too cool to not build. And after building the V4, my first ever full build, I really want to see if I can put everything I learned to better use and come out much better from the beginning.

2 Likes

the V4 was my first printer build, not my first one to use. I don’t need another one, but I feel part of this design process and I want to reap the rewards of a new design.

1 Like

I think I have a little tear forming, that was the perfect answer!

1 Like

Nor I… But at this point, is there any doubt that I’m going to end up building one?

1 Like

Ok…well, I guess I’ll throw my hat in as the only person that will build one, that actually needs it :grin:

This is the perfect answer!! And why I already have 98% of the parts ordered or at the house lol

1 Like