Help develop the next MP3DP!?!

I think this one is legitimately in a class of its own because of the crossover belts and because of the milled sandwich components. Does any other system do anything close to that (other than the XZ crisscross bedslinger - that seems “different” to me)

2 Likes

The plate idea is new to me but the belt cross is really old.

Stacked

Like plates stacked, stacking layers.

Fancy way to say sandwich?

All metal where it counts

Stacked 3DP I like it

Not to change the subject but in my Zip file is the core top for Ryan’s breakout board. If you are wanting the canbus mount he walked me though how to find it…

Edit:

This one was almost right but I didnt unsuppress enough to get the rest of it. Here is the correct .3mf

HCore TOP.3mf.zip (131.9 KB)

“One notable pop culture reference to multilayer stacks is the film “Inception.” In the movie, characters navigate through dream layers stacked upon each other, representing different levels of consciousness. This concept of nested realities within dreams could provide inspiration for your 3D printer’s name, evoking the idea of multiple layers or levels.”

or

“the concept of “stacks” in the cyberpunk novel “Neuromancer” by William Gibson. In the story, individuals upload their consciousness into a digital format and exist in a virtual space known as the “Matrix.” These digital entities reside in stacked data storage units, creating a vivid image of a multilayered structure within the cyber world.”

B.L.T. Sandwich Plate 3D Printer? B.L.T == Belted LaserCut Technology (or just Tech).

“MP3DP v4 Repeat v2” is confusing. Look forward to something simpler. MLCP3DP v5 - Mostly LaserCut CNC’d Printed 3D Printer, or, just Repeat v5.

2 Likes

… or “Stac3D”

Mostly Sandwich 3D Printer?

MM3DP - mostly milled 3d printer
Twisted - tips hat at the twist in the belt

Can’t use that… It’ll get confusing when I write the title for my build thread.

“yet another YAMP3DP”

1 Like

the Reuben
Ryans extraordinarily underrated berrygood extruding newmachine

1 Like

Did you ever release this fan mount?

Am I just not seeing it?

Got a link for us mostly blind people?

I’m in the process of trying to design one for the printer I’m rebuilding and think it’d just be easier if I ‘borrowed’ yours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So now is it LR redesign time???

Hes been working on that for a while. He is just a LOT more hush hush about that one LOL. I can only imagine how a thread like this would go for the LR :eyes:

1 Like

I need to move the probe 1.1mm (doing tests now) and I think I want to put in a rib in the duct to split the flow. When will you be ready for it?

I’m still waiting for the BTT electronics to come in from China, so you still have some time. The new power supply comes in today, so I’ll be figuring out how to mount it and the 12v converters this evening.

Doing some tuning. Pretty easy to do, the macros really help with that. The numbers I see are feeling pretty wild. I have only done a few print tests so far but I hope to do more interesting ones today.

Not sure how far to push the max speed and accel, it is already at a silly level. 4x print speeds seems like enough. But I will push on a bit

Always fun to find where the Max is. Then you always know what to stay under lol. I’m hoping you can see some real high acceleration numbers. Would be awesome to compete with the print speed/acceleratons of a Bambu/Voron/RatRig

gahhhhh, dang it. I will look them up. I didn’t even think to see what others are doing.

At this point it just looks ridiculous. 300mm/s @18k accel. My other printers are at like 80mm/s @4k