I’d like to buy all the parts from V1 (obviously I can’t get conduit or the router here) but I’m a bit confused about a few things.
First, I want to build a machine with a 24"x24" work area. Is this recommended? I’m thinking a 4" z, but if I need to drop that I will. Based on the cut calculator, I’ll need my X and Y conduits at 34.4" each.
Here’s what I’ve got in my cart and I’ll ask the questions under each item:
I’ve put the Rambo Dual Firmware wire kit.
- the “wiring kit - you choose which one” does this mean I need to add another wiring kit to my cart (I added the dual end stop one) or do I need to specify this in notes somewhere?
- the warning about dual endstop not being beginner friendly, what does that mean exactly? I’m not a begninner to electronics or electronics kits and I’ve built a couple of 3D printers in the past. I think I can manage a dual endstop. Or is the warning to the way that it’s handled in software? or installing the physical switches? Is this really something I should avoid?
I’ve got the Burly printed parts for conduit in my cart.
- Are these parts printed in PLA?
I’ve added the full graphic smart controller
(as noted above) I’ve added the wiring kit for dual endstop
- Based on my listed size, how much more belt do I need?
- Are the cable lengths enough for what I’m building or do I have to order more? If so, which ones would I need?
- Do I need the big stop button? I’m thinking of grabbing it anyway.
- What’s the best way to manage the cable? Should I use the wire sleeve and tape measure method (I have plenty of tape measures around)? How much wire sleeve do I need?
- Is there anything else that I’m forgetting?
- Should I go with a 24v Power Supply from the start instead of the 12? Is there additional hardware changes that are required for the Rambo board if I do?
- what are the most popular end mills for cutting/carving wood? I wanted to get the 5 pack, but apparently it’s sold out so what should I grab to get me started?
I know I will have to build a stable table for it to sit on. This will be relegated to my garage (where I already have a shopvac with a dust deputy). How much of a concern is dust on the moving parts? Is this something that I’m going to want to keep covered at all times except when I’m using it? How shaky is the bottom of the table that it sits on in general? Is it something I could put a shelf in and use to store some things or better off just putting in a shelf for rigidity and don’t bother standing anything up on that?
Well, that’s a lot more questions than I thought I had when the night started. Thank you all in advance for all the advice.