Headless SKR Pro Info

configuration.zip (2.6 KB)
platformio2.zip (864 Bytes)
Got top be one of these, I need to open a gihub repo I could not attached a full zipped folder.

1 Like

Agree, I’ve messed up and pounced on reset/stop a few times already because of this. Created separate topic tracking details and changes to ESP3D.

to run on the banana pi, orange pi, le potato (libre), or what about this x86 dev board?

I just bought an espressobin because it has SATA (unlike most of the single board computers), but would not recommend it unless you live to build your own linux file system and and are lucky enough to get he network setup to work correctly without having to ask for customer support. I appreciate the raspberry pi ecosystem more now having stepped out of it just a bit. I spent hours just getting it set up as a plex media streaming server with a fat hard drive. I would have bought a pi4 and used USB3, but not for twice what I paid for the espressobin which was twice what I paid for the last pi 4.

Hopefully these other boards are as easy to use as the raspberry pi with any new image. I know of one instance where a user said the potato would lock frequently, but that may have only been a one-off isolated issue but know really nothing about them. Of the many raspberry pis I have used, I have had only 1 of the raspberry pi boards fail that I purchased. It was the 2 gig pi 4 and I still don’t know why. I have had good luck with the 3B/3B+'s as well as the zero and zeroW’s. They were on sale at Microcenter for a couple years and every time I went I would buy one or two. They make great gifts… and you never know when you will need another one.

Curious how did/would you mount an Octopus? Similar to SKR Pro 1.2 case or something different?

I made a case already, the snap isn’t perfect yet but I can upload it if you need one.

I made a pretty substantial revision to the other cases, it is similar but kinda totally new.

kinda totally new , now that sounds interesting… Happy to beta test :slight_smile:

My Octopus 1.1 doesn’t arrive until tomorrow, and ESP32 on Sun. So not super urgent.

Personally, I liked the SKR Pro 1.2 case that Doug created, simple to print, use and looks great.

Going forward though, am increasingly liking the idea of a tinkerer/experiment friendly flexible enclosure that’s Printed, and CNC’d by LR3. Something along the lines of New Build From Virginia, US, something made of parts and side panels that can be individually modified (e.g. new holes/layout) without having to start over.

Let me double check tomorrow. I just came in from the shop, I think I need to move on feature over a touch to fit on the temp plates. Quick fix for sure.

I went minimal. It is more compact, a bit longer than the SKR Pro box. Since it is wifi, no screen holders needed.

2 Likes

Thank you @vicious1! Please don’t burn time on this on my account. Sorry for randomizing you yet again.

Thank you for sharing the picture that really helps. Looks slick, and looks like something most people will want to print and use.

Already have Fusion and my beer opened up, going to see how far I get with making something with replaceable/extendable parts… Won’t be pretty, but will be pretty easy to Mod. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey all,
I apologize not trying to change the subject, but is there a doc for flashing the ESP01. I somehow managed to goof it up when trying to connect it to my home network, now when I reflash it using the Teaching Tech video/method, I can get it to successfully run thro the flash but when plugged into the SKR 1.2 the network access point never shows up? My assumption is I am not flashing it correctly.

Thank you in advance

Add Wifi to SKR Pro step by step helped me flash my ESP01s. V1E ESP01s came preflashed.

Had trouble connecting to the device initially, used “Wifi Analyzer” app on my phone to identify which wifi access points/devices were fighting with the ESP01s, temporarily turned some of those off until I could connect and tweak the ESP01s settings to join main network. Which didn’t work out great either, connection to nearest access point seemed like too much of a struggle for ESP01S, I don’t want to buy more access points right now, so finally ended up running ESP01 in AP mode and sitting tablet/laptop close by when connecting, whipping out “Wifi Analyzer” if/when experiencing connectivity issues.

ESP3D has a reset settings on boot up mode that involves connecting some pins, I forget exactly, it’s buried in the ESP3D’s docs/github. Good luck!

I gotta tell you, I’ve tried doing controller boxes in a 3d printed enclosure and its frustrating. This way is nice

2 Likes

Depends how much you plan on plugging in. Everything but my board is in the beam. I rather stuff it all in there then make a larger case.

1 Like

Why did you skip a driver in the middle?

My Box is for the MPCNC.

It is still needed. You need that one, not the last one.

You skip the plug with the red jumpers but not the drivers. This is shown on the SKR instruction page.

Oh Crud, I see now. Huge mistake on my part. I will get that fixed. This explains a lot of things I see going bonkers on me. I totally misread the directions. Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you.

2 Likes

No worries that is what we are here for!

4 Likes

I am having trouble getting the ESP-01s purchased from V1 working.

I purchased basically everything but the printed parts, tubing, and bolts from v1. Got everything set up and working, however, moving the Z axis moved my Z stepper and Y2 stepper and there was no control of the X2 stepper. Looking at the chart for stepper wiring on the SKR pro setup page I realized that my board might be flashed for the low rider. I reflashed the SKR with V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209-** from the website and everything works as it should but the esp-01s.

Prior to reflashing the skr, the esp-01s worked like it should. I was able to move the machine, send codes, everything I tried worked (but the Y2 stepper moved with the Z and there was no X2 as described above). After I flashed the SKR for the MPCNC I have never been able to get the esp-01s to work again.

I can see the V1 CNC Control network and join it using the password, however, when I navigate to the 192… IP address it goes nowhere. I get the failure to load error like when you try to load a website without internet. When I connect with my iphone to the V1 cnc control network, it shows “No Internet Connection” below the “V1 CNC Control”.

Any ideas? The ESP-01s was installed on the board when I reflashed the board.

I will have to test it again but I am confident that should not have made a difference. I actually flash them with the esp installed most of the time, then test the esp.

I am really not sure what could be the issue, these are new and you are the first to have an issue. Hopefully someone else jumps in with some ideas.

Are you sure the web address is correct. I mess it up all teh time as my browser always tries to autocorrect it wrong.

http://192.168.0.1
http://192.168.0.1/#/dashboard

Do either of those work when you are logged in?