Headless SKR Pro Info

where do i upload the .gz file?

i can go to the webgui, settings, interface

at the bottom there is an import tab, but i get an error when i drop the file in there and it only seems to want a .json file extension

In the same tab you run your gcode from. There are three files (4?) on the board itself one is the gz file. I think you need to select onboard instead of SD card.

1 Like

gotcha

see it

restarting the board
key remap

well, would you look at that!

1 Like

It works, thats great

Don’t forget to also ask luc to add the same alt+ Y and Z, for the same reasons.

1 Like

@azab2c thanks for this man, I really appreciate it.

Looks like I can add nop to y and z too, and also remap the jog distance keys from 1, 2, 3 to F1, F2 F3, for the same reasons I wanted to change the X command. Using those numbers in the terminal changes the units of movement in the jog and could lead to issues with z axis (since jogging that ‘100’ is a recipe for trouble)

1 Like

You’re welcome @Neilp.

Updated my ESP3D WebUI’s edits at <12/28 EDIT: TODO: 12/28 Add link to latest index.html.gz>, and submitted the following changes in pull request for ESP3D folks to consider integrating.

Changes:

• Existing/remapped keyshorts now get disabled while you’re actively typing text into the terminal text field, or any other text field. So, with this you don’t need to use NOP even, but still can if you want to for some reason(s) I’m not thinking of. Should now be able to type x/y/z and numbers in the terminal text input field without the page thinking they’re key shortcuts.
    • After typing gcode text into the Terminal, I use the Tab key to activate shortcuts again, and then Shift+Tab to bring focus back to the Terminal text input field.
  • Pressing arrow keys when jogging shouldn’t cause the web page to scroll around any more.

Done:

• Implemented optional key remapping property for overriding/defining/suppressing key shortcuts:
    • Define/override comma delimited <key>=<command> pairs
      • See jog.js to discover Ids of functions that can be mapped.
    • Suppress default key shortcuts by mapping key to ‘NOP’ command, e.g. x=NOP
      • Where NOP means no operation, don’t do anything.

Pending/Backlog:

• Agree that Z axis movements should be much smaller than 100, at least for our V1E builds. Should have either a smaller max increment for Z movements, and/or a separate increment scale from XY, thoughts/ideas? Seeing if some existing mechanism/setting is available, ESP3D has lots of config options.
  • Key remapping setting should support Alt key combo mappings.
  • Terminal should be smart enough to auto uppercase at least the most common scenarios.
  • Wifi Access Point config should implement allowing smarter ‘auto’ Wifi channel selection, e.g. during startup, scan available networks and signal strength, then use least occupied channel. Bonus points for optimizing/balancing boot up time by caching last known good channel across resets if scan was done recently.

HowTo: Update ESP3D-WebUI, and configure key remappings

• BACKUP your currently working WebUI app…
    • Browse to ESP3D Dashboard page, look for the Files panel, should see ~4 files listed.
    • Click on index.html.gz to download a copy of the existing working WebUI app. This is your safety backup that you can upload later on incase you need/want to revert back to original behavior.
  • Upload a new build of ESP3D WebUI app…
    • Download the new <12/28 EDIT: TODO: Add link to latest index.html.gz> to your device.
    • Click on Dashboard page’s Files panel’s down chevron button to find and select Upload File menu option. Select the new index.html.gz file you just downloaded locally.
  • Refresh the browser to load the updated website pages.
  • Browse to Settings > Interface tab, scroll around to find key remapping property within the jog panel. Jog panel has lots of settings, so you may need to scroll down within the panel’s content to find.
  • Edit key remapping field to what makes sense for your build.
  • Click save changes at bottom of page.
  • Refresh browser to pickup new settings. Your new keyboard shortcuts should kick in.

Any other helpful changes/enhancements that would maximize User experience for headless, or Wifi enhanced TFT scenarios? Cheers!

3 Likes

Dude, love it. Thanks so much

1 Like

So did Luc remap the default keys and is pulling in your changes? I’m not understanding all the changes on github that just happened. I did see the keys are remapped just not sure about the rest, it seems like a lot of changes.

Never mind I see it now. The keyboard key changes have been added to the V3 branch, and you are working together on adding the rest. You guys are writing code so over my head I can barely understand the comments!

• Yes, Luc agreed with your/Neil’s feedback and improved consistency of default arrow key behavior in this commit.
  • This Pull request will add support for optional key remapping, and improve Terminal Console experience.
2 Likes

Rad!

So if people buy a chip from Ryan, and he uses the new software, all this is done already?

That’s pretty awesome. Glad to have been a part of testing this out

2 Likes

Yup, thank you for your input. I would have never found that. The keys are remapped by default and Aaron and Luc are very hard at work implementing the ability to remap keys as you wish. You should take a loot at the github links…so far over my head.

1 Like

for some reason, i lose the key remapping box when upload this newest version. i can revert back to the one from yesterday and it reappears.

1 Like

not sure how these commits work

if i upload one of the index.html.gz files like you describe, itll update with newest coding from luc based on your/our recommendations/ comments?

which of those do i need? the marlin one?

1 Like

You probably need to compile it. Check the date on that file to see if it has been updated or not.
It does look to be the newest one, I will try to take a look this evening.

I will post the files when I get a chance to test it.

This marlin one from ESP3D repo includes Luc’s edits to change default key behavior based on your/Ryan’s feedback.

The link you found does not include my key remapping and Terminal typing changes.

The link I shared yesterday should have key remapping and Terminal fixes.

Luc and I are still working on the pull request. Luc’s pushing for changes that make it easier for key remapping feature to eventually have less error prone UI that avoids Users have to type in text.

After Luc approves the pull request I submitted, then the changes made will get merged and absorbed into future builds of ESP3D that everyone uses. Hope that helps, cheers!

Thanks Aaron

For some reason, the new one you posted yesterday doesn’t work for me. I lose the key mapping box.

This one-

But if I upload the very first one you posted, it comes back. I added the key map script and it’s working great. I’ll hold off doing any more until you guys think it’s done. I have no coding knowledge and don’t want to muddy the waters for other people

Thanks

1 Like

@Neilp, ugh, you’re right, I was wrong. Just occurred to me while showering, and your message confirms, cheers for the info.

Because of how github merges work for binary files (like .gz), yesterday’s link pointing to my branch had my changes until I merged Luc’s edits only (so no key remapping). Needed to merge Luc’s edits to rebase my pull request and resubmit.

I’ll create and share a separate set of immutable/unchanging links later today. Sorry for the confusion. I edited yesterday’s post to hopefully avoid wasting anyone else’s time until final build is available.

I appreciate it, thanks Aaron.