Happy holidays

Hope everyone is as safe as you can be. My wishes for the coming year :pray:

9 Likes

Thank you!!!

Happy Holidays to all of you.

Thank you all for the great company, the smiles and laughs, help, and education.

10 Likes

Happy Holidays to all of you. 69 minutes until I turn 39. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!

7 Likes

Well it’s a bit late for the “good night”! It’s Christmas here and the house is full of munchkins! It’s only eight in the morning and it seems as though I’ve been assembling things and making minor repairs since before sunrise which was at least four hours ago!

We’ll all be off to the beach soon to cool off, and giggling about you lot and your ice and snow.

Have a great Christmas all of you, thanks for all the wishes, happy birthday @Tokoloshe and may Santa bring a bucket load of joy to you all!

8 Likes

Happy holidays and merry christmas to all of you! I’ve been thinking of writing a holiday greeting, but you beat me to it.

I’ve felt a little bummed about the whole “happy holidays” vs “happy christmas” debacle this year. In Norway we are not bothered with this, since we all celebrate “Jul”, heathens and low-key lutherans alike :smiley: I really don’t want to engage in a culture-war discussion. To me, christmas is about celebrating the light, in the darkest time of year. (in the arctic this is a very obvious experience. No sun for two months is harsh!) No matter what you believe, you need light, warmth, community. And winter solstice is a very obvious opportunity for such! I just wish people used the occasion to be kind with each other, in stead of arguing and accusing each other. We need kindness! And the fact that none of this culture conflict is brought up here in this forum, and that people rather want to help out and be polite - is something I’m thankful for.

SOO - to wrap it up:

Happy jul! Be kind to each other! :christmas_tree: :palm_tree: :smiley:

8 Likes

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all, and happy birthday to me — and apparently also to @Tokoloshe too. :heart::blush:

7 Likes

Hah, another Jesus boy. Happy birthday. 25th for me. You too? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

In Australia, It’s Christmas - the lightest time of the year! :smiley:
For us it’s a bit like Christmas, Thanksgiving and EU Summer Holidays all rolled into one with the lines between secular and religious celebrations blurred into one big confused and usually happy mess.

This is an old pic, but we’ll be off to the beach shortly, and it should give those of you who live in the northern hemisphere something to giggle about!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals! (We celebrate Home Alone season here).

And Happy Holidays too, although it is a bit late for a lot of them.

Happy Birthday to Philipp and Doug. Birthdays are special. We appreciate you. I will cheers :beers: to you at some point tomorrow (probably silently, since the family doesn’t know you).

We watch Bluey (from Australia) and the Christmas pool party really confuses the little one. We got a couple of inches of snow today, which is great for me. We did the extended family celebrations already and it is just the 4 of us staying home tomorrow. I’m a tad jealous of the ocean and swimming, but I definitely love snow on Christmas, a warm drink, and some heavy food. I prefer a foot or less (lookong at you, Turbinbjorn)

It is amazing that we all get along, when we are so different on paper. But in all my travels, the number one thing I take away is that we are all more similar than we are different.

8 Likes

The Christmas wishes and new year celebrations are my favorite :heart_eyes: times to share with friends and family. I glad there are so many great people :heart: here to share the time with.

7 Likes

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night…

Seems appropriate right now at 10:30 pm on Christmas eve.

8 Likes

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!!! I wish you all a great holiday!!!

6 Likes

Mine is the 24th!

6 Likes

11:53 PM, December 24, 2023. Pretty close here, at least one more North American time zone to go after this though…

Just making Santa myself a midnight snack…

6 Likes

I’ve arrived at making birthday breakfast, it’s half past nine in the morning here on the 25th.

We call it “Armer Ritter” and it’s my favourite breakfast food. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

You get a birthday, you get a birthday and Jesus get a birthday! Happy birthday to all of you :smile:

7 Likes

“Arme riddere” we call them. Who would’ve known, it’s almost like we’re related!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas to all and hope you all are healthy for the up coming new year!

6 Likes

Happpy Holidays, everyone.

6 Likes