Halftoner issue

Hello,

I am a first time user of my new MPCNC. i am trying to use halftoner 1.7 and that program seems to work great. then i send that gcode to repetier-host and most of the cutting appears to be below z0. i do not know if that is my problem but when i run the g code it seems as though i am only cutting down z0. so there is no variation in any of the dots i am creating.

i am zeroing my tool to the top of my work. i am using skr pro 1.2

i dont know if i am doing something wrong or not.

Please and thanks for the help

I have never tried that out but if you post some of your gcode, the first page or so, we can have a look for some typical gotchas.

Seems I am in this boat.

What firmware do you have in your SKR Pro and TFT35? The displays don’t look normal…

I dont know. i dont know how to check. i purchased the kit from V1

If you send M115, it should print some info on the version. You can use the console or terminal on the lcd, I think.

1 Like

I will check that out!

That doesn’t look quite right. There should be a number like 425D or 508D. And I don’t think it should be tracking bugfix, unless it is a little bit older. What does it say to the right of that, after SOURCE_CODE… ?

Maybe it is just a bit older, and one of the first skrs Ryan flashed. At any rate, let’s see if we can just get the right firmware on there. It is really easy with the Skrs.

So, skr pro, MPCNC (not low rider), and dual endstops or serial? You bought it from Ryan, So I am going to say 2209 drivers.

Grab this zip:
https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/releases/download/508/V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209-2.0.7.2-src.zip

And then put the firmware.bin in the sd card in the skr (not the TFT). Reset everything, go grab a quick snack (one potato chip is about right). Then send M115 again and it should say 508D.

More detailed instructions are here:

1 Like

Once you get that flashed, use the TFT to drive the X, Y, and Z and make sure they are going the right way, and make sure that 10mm is 10mm (and not 5, 8, 12, 20).

I bought this a couple days ago from V1. i am running serial at the moment. yes to the 2209 and i will download the non dual firmware and try that out. thanks

1 Like

That looks better, does it work for you now?

I am up and running. Slammed pretty hard. I think I am going to have to repaint some parts. Everything is super sloppy loose. :woozy_face: