Guitar

Finally got around to making that guitar my brother wanted. My father passed away a month and a half ago, I would occasionally get together with my brothers and dad to cut firewood. I saved a few cookies from the last tree we cut down together and got inspired. It’s certainly not perfect but I’m happy with how it turned out for never making a guitar.

23 Likes

That is absolutely flawless, what are you talking about. What a beauty! The pattern, wow.

6 Likes

So awesome. A guitar is on my bucket list, but didn’t get to it yet.
Did you use the hardware from an old Fender?

2 Likes

It looks GREATon its own merits. I’m sure being made from wood cut down with your Dad increases its beauty to your family exponentially. Nice Work!

4 Likes

Yeah I had a pile of old parts laying around that got repurposed - my MPCNC isn’t large enough to make the neck, so possibly when I get around to making a lowrider I may venture further.

The plans came from Guitar Templates Archive | Electric Herald they have a pretty nice selection to choose from, I needed to modify them just a bit but was a good starting point.

4 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

That pith landed in the perfect spot. Nice work!

3 Likes

Thanks that was purely by accident. I had hoped to have it more centered. My feed rates were still setup for soft pine I was testing on. Red oak cutting end grain wants a much slower cut. The sudden workpiece adjustment required an quick stop and placement recalibration. Probably a smaller DOC and the speed would have been fine

4 Likes

Beautiful wood and craftsmanship. As a guitar player I admire it even more. May it bring good memories of your father ever time you see it. I know my best memories of my father are of him, my 3 brothers, and me working together.

1 Like