Gingerbread - A New Material Category?!?

@leo69 used to be a regular here. I remember a good thread where we talked through the firmware and CAM, but I can’t find it.

I wonder what power I’d have to run the laser to engrave gingerbread.

2 Likes

The real question is, would it smell amazing or terrible?

1 Like

Depends on where Hansel and Gretel are…

4 Likes

I know burning oak makes me think of the bbq thread.

2 Likes

YES! That brings me back. Was that three years ago? Specifically, I was remembering this post:

1 Like

Also, in that thread was the vicious1 logo. I didn’t make a crown until yesterday, but I do remember carving that logo in some foam.

One thing Discourse has done is make it so much easier to search and find things. It is just so much quicker.

1 Like

I’ve given this some thought. Next year’s gingerbread house needs to be a CNC’ed pirate ship. You can probably find some pretty good reference drawings for a ship already, and it would let you create some crazy fun details. Pirates are christmas themed, right?

1 Like

https://tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/index.html

Bet you could find a good model of the Nakatomi building… :santa: :moneybag:

hint: Look for “Fox Plaza” as well… :smiley:

1 Like

Was thinking a rotating Carousel…but pirates have potential :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Need to think outside the box… A rotating carousel of pirate ships.

2 Likes

Rotating Pirate Ship of Carousels?

1 Like

1 Like

Check out Thingiverse for a simple rotary axis. This could replace one axis (I use Y on my K40 laser) but would need to reconfigure the axis steps per mm. Easy to do with Grbl, not sure how tough with the MPCNC boards and firmware.

I’m too new to post links, but look for item 3174149.

1 Like

Easy to do with Marlin M92, IIRC.

The mind boggles…

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s a good one for a laser. I’ve thought of something like this for my Glowforge, but you can’t easily hack the hardware and software to do something like this.