We’ll see what I get done this weekend. :wink:

g.

1 Like

Got the new “burly” parts printed…

[attachment file=“burly mpcnc parts.png”]

I don’t think I’m missing anything. :slight_smile:

g.

I really like that color.

You might want to put up a picture of everything so I can double check you have the right combo. The “Burly” is the entire center assembly.

(sorry for the double post!)

The filament I used is Atomic Gun Metal Gray PLA. It’s amazing stuff.

I’ve printed

2 ea. of the Nut_Trap_Burly

4 ea. Spacer_Corner_C_Burly

1 ea. Z_Motor_C_Burly

1 ea. Z_Lower_C_Burly

2 ea. XYZ_C_Burly

Then I printed the “C” parts from here:

It looks like I’m only missing the 2 XY_C_Burly parts, correct?

FYI, the table build video is ~33 minutes. I’m waiting on an intro graphic before I upload it to der tube. :wink:

g.

2 gantry spacers as well.

Done, thanks. :slight_smile:

g.

Here’s the table build video (finally)

g.

1 Like

Digging the shop!!

Thanks!

I got as far as the Z-axis assembly today. No idea if I’ve got any usable video though. :frowning:

g.

Wouldn’t you know it, all the spindle mounts are for 52mm spindles. Mine is 56. facedesk

g.

Show off…

AHAHAHAHAHAA

I wish! I went begging on Thingiverse to some of the 52mm mount designers. I can design one if I absolutely have to, but until then I’m going to drag my feet some more. :wink:

Apparently the difference is that the one I bought is brushless and the ones most folks get are brushed.

I have to admit I’m astonished at the number of hits I got on Thingiverse for “MPCNC”. People are doing all kinds of neat things!

g.

I can’t wait to see what you think of that spindle that is the type I keep recommending…Blindly. Brush-less 5 wire, should have hall effect sensors so I can’t see it not being good.

Let me see if I easily edit my file. No promises.

If all else fails two sets of these should be enough.

Thank you! I’ll give it a look tomorrow. I did finally find a 55mm mount, but forgot to print it with supports, so yours will go next. :wink:

I don’t recall if the connector is 5 or 6 wire. There’s two separate cables coming out of the top of the spindle that go into a compression terminal block.

g.

Tell me about the brushless spindle… Where, what, how much?

I would say let him try it out first. If he gives the thumbs up I might buy one as well, so I can give an option (and make a proper mount).

This unit is /similar/ to the one I have: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brushless-Motor-Driver-w-Hall-Controller-400W-CNC-Motor-for-Spindle-Engraving/282297554188?hash=item41ba3ed50c:g:IosAAOSwq8BZcA-5:rk:1:pf:0

However, I don’t think mine has the fancy control panel on the controller. I’ll get some pics taken this weekend.

g.

Ryan, I’m printing your mount right now. I also got a response by one of the other mount developers on Thingiverse - he made a 56mm version of his for me: MPCNC 52mm Spindle Mount by itnaanti - Thingiverse

Here’s some pics of the motor and controller:

[attachment file=“spindle.png”]

The connector is attached to two cables coming out of the top of the motor housing.
[attachment file=“connector.png”]
The motor RPM is supposedly controllable via PWM signal - I’m kind of fuzzy on how that works. I knew at some point, but that’s been lost to time. :slight_smile:

[attachment file=“controller.png”]

(The post got mangled, so I had to edit…)

g.