G38.X support in Marlin

A new forum question appended to an existing question is often overlooked and not answered. If you want an answer, consider opening a new topic. I do not use Estlcam nor Cnc.js, so I cannot give you an answer.

I’ve seen this kind of functionality on laser engravers (camera detects rotation and position of stock), but I suspect it is implemented in conjunction with firmware support. In particular, some CNC firmware versions support G68 g-code, which rotates the coordinate system around a specified point. Marlin does not implement G68.

Consider using alignment pins or rules to keep your stock square to the machine. If the router is used to create the sockets for the alignment pins, and to contour cut the edges of the rules, any stock pushed against them will be square to the machine.

1 Like

To be honest: You basically never use it, because you rarely have a workpiece that works with the outer edges of the wood. And placing it straight enough for a cut or having some sort of guide just makes it nearly useless.
Why do I say this? I am using Estlcam, I did mill a touchplate that can measure X/Y/Z and the angle and have used it twice in 2.5 years. Once to try it out, once to re-cut holes on a finished piece where I had to find the edge. :smiley:

1 Like