Fusion 360 PPs for RAMP 1.4 board

Hello!

I’m trying to use Fusion 360 to generate the gcode for my first real cut on wood but I’m running to some problems that is better to check before proceeding with any cuts…

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 and a Ramps 1.4 with Dual End Stops’ latest firmware. I’m running Fusion 360 on a Mac and i used this Flyfisher604 Fusion 360 Post Processor (v1.beta5) is Available (Flyfisher604 v1.beta5) to import the PP. Unfortunately I have some problems importing this (https://github.com/guffy1234/mpcnc_posts_processor) as Fusion does not recognise the files.
Question #1. Is Flyfisher604 v1.beta5 the right PP or not?
Question #2. Am I screwing up things big time here, or this is a bug? Has anyone tried this?

Question #3. When i had the 3 dimensions on the “right axes” i was getting an error that both X and Y max dimensions were smaller than the actual piece. Now that I altered this way I get the same error for Y.

thank you in advance!

I don’t have firm answers for your questions. A few comments:

• I’ve been using Fusion 360 for a couple of years for MPCNC milling. I’ve never setup a machine in the way you are doing in your image.
  • The latest version of the Filyfisher604 Fusion 360 Post Processor I’m aware of is V2.1. See this topic.
  • When I first setup a Post Processor in Fusion 360, it was a manual process. Here is the link to that manual process including specific instructions for the Mac.
2 Likes

Concerning #2, I believe that is a bug. I saw the same and ended up just making it larger so I wouldn’t get F360 warnings.

1 Like

Information on the v2.1 can be found here.

The latest can always be found in GitHub.

1 Like

I must have really screwed up then… :grimacing:

I already downloaded and installed 2.1 and had my first successful cut which was very clean to my surprise :slight_smile: Still I’m far from knowing exactly what i’m doing, thus you will have to bare with me and my goofy questions for sometime at least. I always try to put safety above anxiety (to watch it cutting), so I prefer to come asking, than set the house on fire.

again thx for your time!