Forum workshop to inspire creativity

the fake one. I’m a mod on the real one.

2 Likes

Sure, that sounds like a good idea.

holy cow, they’re active there!

We did have that for inlays at least three times. :smiley: But I am also looking forward to good tips and tricks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bring back the Inlays!!! I need to learn that one!! LOL

1 Like

That works really well for shallow inlays. You start the cut for the plug a little deeper basically, beyond 0. The technique I wanted to try for deep inlays (5-6mm for cutting boards) does not work regrettably (and would have made it really, really easy), because Estlcam can’t do negative offsets in carves. :frowning:

2 Likes

Ah the deluge… slow trickle… of refugees has begun.

Thank you sir! Now I remember that thread and that video. Man I should remember more than I do lol. If I don’t use it and often then its gone until I see it again LOL.

2 Likes

I have had that same problem the last 20 years year. Im never board always something to learn or relearn.

1 Like

Seeing the different ideas come out if the parametric table discussion would there be enough appetite for some easy going design challenges: set a loose goal and see how many ways people solve it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I should be reviving this old horse - but I just want to point out the the Kobalt competition #4 and #5 is somehow along the lines of what I imagined with this topic! It’s super neat to see how people tackle a challenge in different ways.

8 Likes

Revive away! Its always awesome to see what everyone comes up with. Loose set of guidelines and see how everyone runs with it! Im on board! I need a LR3 at work!! Something tells me my bosses wont agree with that LOL

4 Likes

My boss helped fund mine :rofl:
He’s also my dad and had like 8 projects he wanted done… still counts!

4 Likes

I promise your boss/dad is MUCH nicer than my bosses. Plus im on a boat with no room so theres that too LOL. But at least I work even time so after 4 weeks at work i get 4 weeks at home to work on what i want to work on LOL

2 Likes

We can do it again if you have another idea!? I have a few more routers…

2 Likes

I love the idea of the thread… I love the idea of the contests… but eventually the routers will run out…

I have a couple of ideas but I need to read this thread through to see what’s been said already. Hopefully have time… BRB!

The lowrider 3 from my front strut with the v1 logo on one side and the Kobalt circle on the other

1 Like

:shushing_face:

I legit thought about doing this

2 Likes

My head’s filled up with building the workshed thia fall. I was actually going to carve some mountain sculptures to sell at a Christmas faire, but I chickened out because of having no spare time. This topic has also fallen behind. Right now my head is empty, but I’ll certainly shout out if come up with anything! And if someone else has an idea, I’m totally open to handing it over.

3 Likes

Who was the user with all the ice sculptures and shot glasses? He had waterproofed his LR2, and was using a loooo-oong bit to carve ice blocks into corporate centerpieces and drink glasses for events…

That was my immediate thought when you mentioned making carvings for a Christmas Fair at the top of the world. :wink:

3 Likes