Fishtacos MP3DP.

Did the site loose post again?

I got the Ramps installed using some stand offs so I could slide wires behind it, I used plastic for the standoffs and washers.

And it looks like my lead screws just showed up!

What did you guys use for a power cable?

It’s alive! I got movement in one direction… Is this because the endstops aren’t wired up yet?

Got a few new photos,

yup, to make sure its correct it should be moving away from where the endstops will be.

Well it move towards them.

except x, that one move in the right direction towards the endstop.

They all move towards the stops

power it off and flip the stepper plugs

Okay, Now They are moving away from the stops.

Well… I did something stupid. I was trying to move the stop in the other way, So I tired to bridge the stop on the ramps to trigger, and now my lcd looks like this…

And I lost movement

ya zapped your mega, the rest should be fine.

Don’t feel bad i have done the same exact thing. I jumped the positive on accident, I thought I knew the ramps like the back of my hand… negative and signal, negative and signal.

Bummer dude

Crap… the ramps looks done…

You seem to only have compete kits on your site. Can you link an amazon one you trust?

nah thats the x plug, just ugly soldering.

I haven’t bought any from amazon. Most should be fine though. I think most of the complaints about them are BS, but you never know.

I have a hot air soldering station due to arrive so I can do some repairs. I have a ton of 5v regulator fried megas that need a quick fix. but I’m sure it will be a while before I have any refurbs ready to sell.

It looked fine before I did that. When I mounted it I had to split it to put the screws in.

So it’s the blue board? IF so I’ll just purchase a new kit from your store. How can I be sure?

When plugged into my pc, it goes right back the way it was when I plug it back into the printer’s power supply.

It works now?

only on the pc, over usb. When I hook it back up the the power supply it doesn’t again.

so maybe it’s the 5v regulator…the small black component near the power plug on the blue board. looks for a tiny burnt hole in the top.

looks clean to me.