First cuts today

My wife thinks it’s funny that i use the machines to build themselves. After cutting air and tweeking i decided to let it actually do some work.

Work bed plan

And finished.

Next up. Dust control.

8 Likes

Nice!

T track is supposed to show up today, hopefully I measured everything correctly :slight_smile:

And router is going back today. This one gets too hot to touch running 30 seconds running unloaded.

Care to elaborate on your work bed plan? Also, what size is your workarea?

Sure. The surface is 3 separate pieces. The entire middle section is replaceable if I ever bugger it up. I don’t cut into the bed if I can avoid it. The 2 outside deep grooves are just the edges of that piece and I won’t have to disturb the actual machine if I pull it out.

The 4 grooves are going to be aluminum T track for clamping if the amazon truck shows up today.

The dark circle in the center is the actual bed center for working space. It’s 1/4" hole and it gives me an exact/repeatable spot to set origin on cuts. It’s a redundancy in case the machine misses steps and I need to reset and/or verify origin. Working with another machine has taught me that it’s needed because it loses it’s mind periodically and eyeballing origin is a great way to get irritated.

The center rectangle is removeable as well, the 4 holes in the corner are pockets for cap screws to secure it to the piece under it with threaded inserts. Removing the center gives access to the vacuum bed as well as another 17mm of cutting depth.

Off the top of my head I’m 24x32 inches. But that’s going from memory and I cut the parts a while ago.