Firmware (Marlin) build and release process for V1 machines

Thank you all. I was on a ski trip for the last week so I haven’t put much work into this.
Besides firing up 2.0.1 on my MPCNC and cutting out a few flat pieces as a test.

20200109_220431

Thank you for testing. I don’t think dual endstop firmware works on LR out of the box because it has dual Y,Z and single X while MPCNC has dual X,Y and single Z motor. I don’t have a LR myself yet but I think a simple 3 motor firmware works if motors are wired in series. I didn’t make such version for SKR but it’s relatively easy to add: There is a no-dual-endstops file that can be pulled in to make a 3 motor config.

Almost :slight_smile: Look at this commit. There are three files that need to be added/modified.

I’m almost done building my LR. Just need to build a table for it and then I can start testing this new firmware. I’ll let you know how it goes once I have a few cut under my belt.

Long time, no update. I’ve been busy bulding my lowrider with the little free time I had in January.

The movement in the meantime has been:

1. @vicious1 contributed his latest tweaks to kinematic settings (junction deviation, accelerations etc). This is now merged
  2. Killed the “sample” MPCNC config idea: It’s 100% generated now.
  3. Marlin upstream broke the builds by moving configurations out of the main repository and breaking the scripts that were used to “apply” these configs - fixed now.
  4. Github made some changes that broke automatic pull from upstream - fixed now.

Overall I think out method of generating configs “aged” pretty well, as issues #3 and #4 took me less than 15min to correct and Marlin still compiles even after fairly large changes upstream.

I need to find some time to get the version script done and get the release process to a better place. There have been some github UI changes that make build “artifacts” easier to find, so maybe nightly “releases” are not required any more and nightlies can be modeled as build artifacts instead.

2 Likes

@dolfelt how is your build coming along? I just created a single-driver SKR1.3 config and a dual Y/Z one specifically for lowrider. Feel free to check these out.