Feeds/speeds for lowrider V3

I know this question has been asked many times, and that every machine is different.
My question is, when I purchase an endmill. Most speeds/feeds are very high, even for small cnc’s and hobby cnc’s.
An example is for the v1e 1/8” 2F downcut I’m getting recommendations of 12mm/s, 10-16K rpm, plunge of 3-6mms. Now this is pretty much the safe zone for that as advised.
Now if I purchase the same equivalent endmill locally,
Their recommendations are 33mm/s, 24000rpm, plunge of 3.6mm/s for use on a SharpCNC.
Such a big difference in their feeds/speeds.
I’m guessing this is because either the lowrider speeds can’t travel this fast and rigidness, which is fine.
But how do I go about using these high parameters and making them work on my machine without actually trying it. Like is there a rule to start off with based on endmill parameters.
How does everyone work out their starting feeds/speeds when they first get an endmill and are given parameters for the endmill bit?
Like I’m at a stage (mind you I’m new to this game). That when I purchase endmills, i have the recommended feeds/speeds, but they seem way off the charts that my machine can handle, so I’m basically just guessing figures until it sounds right.
Everyone says I should only be using 10-16k rpm max. But yet other similar machines are using 24k rpm for same endmills.

So what I’m asking is, is there some formula or rules that we apply to make feeds/speeds work or be in the correct ball park.
Eg. 2Flutes should have half the rpm of a 1flute endmill.

Need advise :slight_smile: sorry for the novel lol but I’m sure this will help a lot of newbies like myself

So im using a 1.5k spindle, so compared to other similar cnc’s the only thing I can see that’s holding me back is ridgedness(other cnc’s using aluminium profiles, compared to lowrider using pole/strut/3Dprinted parts) and the controller is limiting speeds… is this correct?
What are the max speeds for X,Y,Z axis for this machine (I forgot)?

I’m taking 6.25 mm DOC in 12mm plywood at 22mm/s with no problems at all. First thing is when you slow the RPMs down on the bit you can slow down the feed rate and get the same chip size. I run a 1.5kw spindle as well and it spends 90% of its life at 12,000 rpm. I can go deeper/faster with my machine but there isn’t a need to. I know at this speed/depth I’m making good chips and I don’t have to worry about skipping steps.

1 Like

It’s not that big of a difference. Twice the RPM, lower depth, a little less than thrice the speed.

I am using Sorotec’s app as a guideline, works pretty well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Example on how fast it can go. Did the same speeds for my guinea pig boxes.

1 Like

Is that also running at 24000rpm or lower?

Also at 24000.

Are you using an iPhone for the sorotec app because it doesn’t appear to work for me on Android?

It works just fine for me on my Android phone and tablet.

Android as well.

What version Android does it work on?.. I fear my antiquated Android 8 may be the issue

That could very well be, regrettably. :sweat:

My phone and tablet are on 13 and 14.

The playstore says Android 8 and up.

The app is nice, but I would have liked if they had some thing similar on the website.

As you can see from my last picture post, it seems to have a problem with Android 8.1.0, it looks like it is going to load ok but on the final opening screen everything is compressed into the top of the display and is un-responsive.

Just wondering, how big did you make your LR3?

5 ft (1600mm) X 10ft (3000mm)

1250X x 850Y. Wanted the full span to be able to go bigger if need should arise.

Oh that’s a smart idea!