F360 documentation

On a non CAM related note - is there a need to think about how to hold down the warped piece so it doesn’t move? Or is that something that’s understood?

I am not sure I fully understand the question.
Are you saying you have (for example) some warped mdf, that doesn’t sit flush to the table?
And that you are willing to flatten?

If so, I am currently doing a job where I cut multiple pieces of wood I had laying around into small but long pieces, I glued and clamped it down to get a “flat” piece of wood. Obviously it warped.
I screw it down to the table so it sits more or less flat to the table (read: stable so it doesn’t move). I surface one side and afterwards the other side, if needed I do this in multiple jobs. The result is a flat piece.

Obviously your question is how to hold it down, my wood is larger than what my end result will be. So I screw it down on the outer sides, mill in between, and cut away the excess material. An alternative would be to mill an area, pause the job, reset the screw location and continue the process. But there the downside is that if it isn’t clamped exactly there might be a small difference when resuming.

Hope that answers your question

I think we are saying the same thing, I just want to make it clear to those who haven’t done this:-

The important thing if you want to flatten a warped board is to make sure you aren’t putting any stress when you are screwing it to the table, ie use wedges or packers under the high spots to keep the board stable, DON’T screw it tight down, or once you unscrew it will spring back and your nice flat side will suddenly have developed a warp.

1 Like

Yes, sorry, I’m not native English so wasn’t fully sure if I understood correctly.

Happy to hear we aligned :smiley:

I actually have pictures of what I posted, will see if I can upload them tmrw as an example.

1 Like