F-engrave multiple setup, same job?

You can (AFAIK). The nerf of the hobby license got rid of 4-5 axis, rapid travel moves (G0) and the open file limit is set to 10.

But flyfisher’s post processor tries to automatically determine the travel moves and make them fast again.

1 Like

Yup. My issue is that I’m using it for the small business. I’m sure I could get away with it, but I really do try to respect license terms. A few years ago, they would let any business earning less than 100k/year topline full access. They changed it to 1k, so that cuts me out.

They were generous to approve me for a startup license, which I’ve been using, but I’ve decided that between the cloud implementation, related issues, current revenue level, and the never-ending subscription, I’m not a good fit as a commercial customer.

3 Likes

Okay, I found another video and this guy makes it smarter again than the other guy. He creates three toolpaths with the same flat depth but a different starting depth (1.5mm, 4.5mm, 6mm) to circumvent the tool cutting the full depth at once. Pretty smart. Estlcam should be able to do that as well. :slight_smile:

/edit: What just came to my mind is that Estlcam does the whole toolpath, so clearing and V-bit in one, whereas in V-Carve you can change the order freely, so you can group all the clearing passes into one. As a workaround in Estlcam one should be able to edit it with a text editor and just move the clearing paths to the front, one after another and then have the V-bit toolpaths at the end.

Isn’t that what the allowance is in Vcarve? It can be set negative. Sorry i have Vcarve pro but never looked at the innlay settings befor now i may have to but first need to repint a part of my primo.

I miscalculated this one… Your plug can’t be deeper in total than the pocket, otherwise it gets too narrow. So you should set flat depth to 0.1mm and the starting depth for the plug at 5.5mm for a 6mm deep pocket. You then have 0.4mm space for glue and it is sticking out 0.4mm.

In conclusion: I haven’t figured out how F-Engrave calculates the prismatic overcut but I have figured out the settings to use. :sweat_smile:

Please check if that’s possible. It would make everything so much easier. :slightly_smiling_face:

Negatine allowances are posable just not sure it they are using the term the same yet.

In Estlcam I can add negative allowances, too, but they don‘t do anything for carves. :frowning:

Okay, now I got it, this video is all you need, those are the two important stills from the video:

You can find the passage here: https://youtu.be/3l9HZYA87iE?t=163

He then goes on to explain how he splits the starting depths into three toolpaths (and, because he uses V-Carve, can drag them around). As I said: This is possible in Estlcam with manual editing, will try when at home. :slight_smile:

1 Like