Extruder Heater Error

I tightened the belts, and now the center assembly is kind of stiff, is it meant to be that way? Also, the nozzle has been getting repeatedly clogged and the extruder gear slips very often and I have had to disassemble it twice to clear it out so far. The prints are also having trouble sticking to the bed, any tips are appreciated and the latest print pics are posted.

Thanks for your dedication and time!

Tightening the belts made your center assembly tighter? That isn’t right.

On that picture, the layer is too close on the doubled up tape, and too far on the single layer. It really is that sensitive you can not print on tape like that.

If it skips in mid air tighten the tension screw on the release lever.

If you are getting clogs either you have bad filament or you are getting stuff in there, probably not a clog. They are not all that common.

Good Morning,

It’s been a while but I think I’ve figured out most of the things except controlling the secondary fan with the mini-rambo, (The secondary fan that is mounted on this part you designed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:868983). Also thanks for all of the help and quick feedback you’ve provided so far.

Thanks!

That is the print fan and controlled in your slicing software of choice. On the Ramps it gets plugged into port D9.

I’m using Repetier with slic3r, I plugged both fans into fan port 1 & 2, but I can only control one of the fans with Repetier

The fan on the heatsink should be left on, usually hardwired to power.

Wait, so how do I hardwire it to the power? Or can I use the LCD to keep it always on?

The very last sentence and picture here applies, https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/ramps-wiring/

But how would that apply to the Rambo? The plugs look different?

It is the same plug just half, red is positive, black is negative.

Ok, sorry, but I am still confused, so whenever I bought my extruder from you, the fan wire was short and I had to splice it and extend it to the fan 1 port, so how would I connect it to the extruder main heating cable?

There are two fans, the one on the side goes to “fan 1”
The fan on the front/heatsink goes to the power input port “pwr in” The red and white wires on the following link pics.

The heater goes to “extruder”

All of it is shown here, https://www.v1engineering.com/mini-rambo-1-3/

Or am I not understanding the question?

Maybe, My board looks like this one on your website, with the exception of yours having one fan plugged in to the fan port and mine taking up both fan ports because I have the heatsink fan as well as the side one, but I just don’t understand how to plug in my heatsink fan in such a way so that it is always on? Sorry if I’m not understanding this so quickly, I’m just really new to all of these circuit boards and wiring.

I think you are understanding the problem, it’s just I don’t quite understand the wiring.

Thanks for all of your help!
Philip

Using that picture as the reference. Your heatsink fan will get plugged in and combined with the red and white wires on the power plug the port is labeled, “pwr in”.

You will not be using the fan2 port.

Ahh, ok, now I think I understand, so I would screw in the two wires for fan one into the power socket, with the power and fan wires touching each other?

Yup! Now we are on the same page

1 Like

Ok, will unsplice the wires and get back to you when I’ve finished, thanks!

Ok, it’s working great, so whenever it recieves power from the power supply it turns on, wondering if this is the cause of all of the printing headaches I’ve been having, will test and update. Please if you can let me know of any tips/tricks to improve print quality that you have come across.
Thanks!