Estlecam free vs purchased?

Is there a difference in the free version of estlcam and the paid? If so, what are the differences?

paid doesn’t nag you.

1 Like

This is the only difference. If you use the unpaid version, it starts to show messages every time you save a project or program. The messages will disappear after a few seconds initially, but over time they will take longer and longer to disappear.

The price is quite reasonable, the product is good, and you are supporting the developer so that he can continue to update and develop the product. Well worth it IMO…

5 Likes

The price is really cheap for what it does and the support given. Other programs that can do the same sort of job can cost many hundreds of dollars.
I have been using since version 10 and wouldn’t change over to other programs due to the ease of use of Estlcam. Very much well worth the small amount asked for it.

4 Likes

I agree. Plus, the developer is also active in a variety of forums (like this one) and actively listens to feedback, which is great. Bugs get fixed in a matter of days.

2 Likes

Yarr, +1 on paying the guy. I sail the seas all the time and this software is completely worth the price he’s charging to simply not get a timer. He’s really doing the community a service for the way he distributes and deserves recognition for it. If you’re just getting started, he’s giving you the opportunity to make the money to pay him whenever you can with no strings or locked out services. When the timer gets to be too long for you to not ignore, you’re using it enough to pay the guy imo.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. It is a good software. Just didn’t know if there was a difference. I will definitely contribute. If the creator reads this, as a newbie, I think it would helpful to me to add a measurement system or grid display so I can see how big my pieces are and also make the pieces bigger or smaller by clicking on them with select. If this is on here already, I don’t know where to look. But I have grown to love estlcam.

1 Like

This is possible in both v11 and v12. I’m not near my computer ATM, so can’t do a screenshot, but it is in the settings section

1 Like

Sounds good. I’ll take a look through the settings again.

In 12 it’s in the bottom left corner. Top row is grid spacing, bottom row size of work area. You need to have a project open.

1 Like

In v11 it is in the View tab (grid for grid spacing, work area for an outline of your sheet size). You don’t need to open a project to configure them, but they won’t actually display until you open a project or drawing.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for helping me on my journey.

2 Likes