Ending GCode FluidNC

WTF? That’s the first I heard about an issue with a resistor… please, do share.

Totally agree !! It’s just so amazing to me the things ppl can accomplish and then they pass it on etc.
Thanks a lot for the info I was literally looking up “Bart ding boards”
And I got all kinds of odd things pop up. Mostly Bart Simpson skate board pics lol.
Such a wild world out there

Originally those boards were made with R1 as 10k. It should be 1k. That affects the UART. It used to be OK back in the Grbl_ESP32 days, but FluidNC and maybe the new ESP library seems to be more sensitive.

Bart is the brains behind a whole slew of cool things. Makerslide, the shapoko rails, was his idea. So many other robots, and boards. If you get board look into his projects.

He has set it up so we can order the boards direct from the parts house. I am unclear about what an appropriate royalty would be, he does not ask for any to be clear, but I have considered making a couple batches several times. bdring - EasyEDA open source hardware lab

2 Likes

Originally those boards were made with R1 as 10k. It should be 1k.

I think this may only apply to the retired early versions of the board that use the white connectors. Looking at his source documents for the newer version with the green connectors, he has R1-R4 & R24 listed as 1k ohm resistors and it looks like its R24 on this version that goes between TX/RX: FluidNC Pen Laser TMC2209 Drivers - EasyEDA open source hardware lab

While on the older version with the white connectors, R1 is in fact 10k ohms:

I think you could swap it out with a heat gun, tweezers, and a steady hand, but it definitely isn’t fun dealing with SMT components. Maybe one could more easily solder nine additional 10k ohm resistors on top of the original to get an equivalent 1k ohms :laughing:

2 Likes

So I’ve had a chance to run through some patterns with both M2 and M30 as the ending gcode (with and without a blank line as Ryan suggested) but I’m still getting the same alarm state and no SD card error at the end. I went ahead and posted on their Discord looking for help so hopefully we’ll find a resolution.

1 Like