End stops work intermittantly in firmware when homing

Strange problem on my new LR3 build with SKR controller. While homing, sometimes Marlin homes X, Y and Z perfectly but sometimes one stepper continues to to drive after the limit switch triggers. And sometimes it will overstep for a few seconds and then stop and then the home is complete. Other times the overstepping continues until I reset the box. It’s somewhat random which stepper will do this as it’s occurred on both Y steppers, both Z steppers and on the X stepper. There is an LED on the SKR board that lights when the limit switch triggers.
I have ruled out:

• Wiring problems because I can monitor the trigger LED on the SKR board and it lights appropriately when the switch triggers.
  • Swapped limit switch inputs because I have homed everything properly several times.

I’m out of ideas. Thanks in advance as any help would be appreciated.

Board purchased from V1 Engineering with firmware pre-flashed
System: Marlin 515DL 2.1.1 (Sep 25 2022 17:41:34)
Machine: V1CNC 515DL
Board: BIGTREETECH_GD_TFT35_E3_V3.0
Firmware: V27.x Mar 22 2023 in 120Mhz

You may want to look at this thread: https://forum.v1e.com/t/firmware-issues/39109/5

If wiring is correct and endstops trigger the LEDs, but are not recognised in the software, this seems to be the SKR Pro 1.2 design flaw. It can be fixed with additional resistors.

2 Likes

OMG Christian. THANKS SO MUCH!!! This was it. My limit switches were at 2.08 volts at trigger. Just enough to work most of the time, but not all. Here is my quick Dr Frankenstein temporary jig with 1.5K pullups on the board inputs. Now I have 2.48 volt trigger and no more intermittent homing issue. Next up, make a permanent solution and get on to using my new LR3.

2 Likes