DW660 Adapter Pen & Knife Mount

Didn’t want to have to remove the DW660 mount from the MPCNC and have to fiddle with the nut-trap and worry about the alignment of the z-axis changing so I created this Pen & Knife adapter for the DW660 mount.

2 Likes

This is something that I was considering makeing myself! I don’t want to have to take the router off to use the pen.

When I try to use the link I get a 404 though. It the link down/not published?

Can you try the link again. Works from my computer but first try on my phone was a 404. Tried again and it worked.

Still getting a 404

Try now. I think I changed it and didn’t publish the last version.

1 Like

Ok, that worked!

That. is. hilarious. I designed almost the same thing a few weeks ago, though mine doesn’t interface with the back of the 660 mount, and my reasons were almost exactly the same. I drew the arms & curved back as a “universal” mount, then added Ryan’s holder on to it, and am in the process of designing a laser mount using it, too.

Sorry about the unclipped zip ties, @vicious1!

2 Likes

Shhhhh, for whatever reason my pens always have them as well. All the rest drive me nuts. If I ever go to take pictures I clip them so ya’ll won’t make fun of me.

This has been this way for weeeeeeks. Now I gotta clip em.

1 Like

I can never find my extra zip ties. So especially on the pen mount, I will use an xacto knife to unlatch it so I can get a bigger pen in there.

Yeah I need to think that way, I have soooooo many zipties laying around I am being extremely environmentally unfriendly with them. Although If I am sitting in my office and need one, I will take it off something instead of walking down to the shop.

Invested in a pack of these when I realized I’d want to change pens often enough that I’d burn through the pack of 1000 zip ties passed down from my dad too quickly . Using one on the vinyl cutter too.

Using the normal ones for the MPCNC belts and other permanent attachments, but the releasable ones have been very nice where they make sense.

But then you only need like 10, tops!:wink: