Dutch Build

So after a lot of hours I decided to show my build here. It started as an orignal Lowrider CNC build it has grown to a more "professional"Lowrider.

I must say that I had a lot of help from a friend how made the frame. (pictures will come soon).

I’m now at the point that I have movement but the homing is not working. I don’t use end stops.
When I send the x-axes home it runs into the end and the motor keeps turning. I’ve tried several setting in Repetier-Host V2.1.2 but so far no luck. Maybe it is something very obvious but not to me.

Any idea’s are welcome! I’ve seen it working so it can be fixed.

Homing requires the endstops; that’s how Marlin knows the gantry has reached the end of its travel. Without endstops, you can position the gantry where you need it (using repetier) including adjusting the z-height to the surface and then issue a G92 X0 Y0 Z0 to set the position to 0,0,0. This is what I do. I also set the zero point in Estlcam to the extreme lower left corner of what I’m cutting out.

Whoa! That thing is professional looking. Keep sharing!

BT is right, don’t home unless you have endstops. In my low rider, I configure the motors to always be on and I push the machine to one end, to force it square before I turn it on. Then I power the machine and jog under power to the start position and reset the 0,0,0 there.

There are several tutorials on this website some at the MPCNC which are applicable to the low rider. Those will help.

Today an other update.

The vacuumtable is ready and working. For now I use a vacuumcleaner but it gets very warm.

That is looking like a really nice build!