Dual Endstop Limit Switch Location

I’m wondering if there’s a compelling reason to mount the limit switches on the roller plates instead of on the stop blocks? Seems that it would be an easier way to install them and circumvents the need to run longer lengths of wire to accommodate axis movement - they would be stationary if located on the stop blocks.

I know that Ryan is extremely thorough and surely this has come up at some point. I feel like I must be missing something obvious…

Mine are mounted on the outer tubes. The only reason to have them on the gantry is you have less wires all over the place. Makes it harder to snag a wire.

2 Likes

OK - that’s kinda what I thought. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t overlooking something.

If you have my custom wires the endstop wires are built in so there is not actually any extra wires to run. Before those we put the endstops all over the place.

Sadly, that’s not the case. I’m running bargain basement wiring (read: whatever bits of wire that look serviceable that happen to be laying around the shop) and recently bought a spool of four conductor wiring for my next build. Good to know that you have something available for this for next time though. :slight_smile: