Driliing aluminum

Hi
I am looking to build a driling machine for aluminum.
It will drill 5 mm aluminum with 5 mHSS drill bits.
Is will be used around 100 cycles per day.
It will have 10 driling heads, so cost is an issue.
Can i use just standart DC spindle or they are too fast ?
Will the be reliable for long term?
All halp is apriciated

Posts on this forum about metal are relatively rare and are usually just simple milling of aluminum, so the expertise to answer your question might be thin on the ground. When you use the term “drilling machine” and “10 drilling heads,” are you referring to multi-spindle heads like what is seen in this video?

Are you looking to repurpose a MPCNC for this task, or are you asking a general question about your envisioned machine? How many holes will you be drilling in each piece, and at what size? What is the overall size of the aluminum piece you will be drilling? Why does having 10 drilling heads impact the cost of the machine?

I have no practical knowledge, but I would expect most DC spindles to be either too fast, or they may not have enough torque to do the job at drilling RPM speeds. While spindle advertisements may say something like “0 - 24,000 rpm,” sometimes in fine print they will recommend a minimum rpm around 10,000.

There are calculators on the internet that will allow you to calculate recommended drilling RPM given drilling speed, material, and drill diameter. Getting a drilling RPM range for your envisioned work might be a good starting point in evaluating spindles.

We need some more details on what you want.

If it is just drilling then yes it is pretty easy with a stubby drill bit and peck drilling, No idea what the ten heads means though.

for 5mm diameter in Aluminium I’d be using 2500rpm on my drill press if that helps. Do you have a bit of a mud map of what you are trying to do?

Are you talking about something like this: