Der Froschkönig - Lowrider 3 in Oldenburg, Germany

make a detachable crown then! Just for the first pictures.

2 Likes

Frogplates. :smile:

5 Likes

@kockie-nl There can only be one crown:

9 Likes

Linear rails arrived today. Ordered the 28th of December, fom China to Germany in 13 days. Unreal. The stuff I ordered locally on the same day also arrived today… :sweat_smile:

Shopping for the torsion box table. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Schneewittchen cut her replacement. Used dowels to flip it over after the first half and I can happily say that the Primo is as square as it can be, everything lines up perfectly. Some sanding still needed. I just dislike cutting MDF or HDF. Ugh.

2 Likes

I decided to reprint the core, remembering how important 0.5mm were on the Primo. My green is nearly empty though so there will be more gold and two filament changes if I am unlucky. Upped the temp of the bed to 65°C and cleaned the print plate like it has never been cleaned before. If it fails again I have to buy new filament. Uff.

1 Like

I don’t think this core is nearly as sensitive, in the worst case you shim the router a bit left to right. My router is a tram as I can measure and it took two layers of blue tape about 1" long behind my lower spindle mount.

1 Like

Oh, good to know. The second one comes loose at exactly the same corners, but only 0.2mm or so, maybe the Mini does not heat the bed to well in the corners of the core’s corners are to sharp for good adhesion on the Mini.

At least it’s good to know I could use the other one should this one fail. Don’t tell my wife, she is mad about another print in the night. :sweat_smile:

Old on the left, new on the right. Green was empty, so more gold. Looks better I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Table also making progress. Going to get a nail gun of a friend, then I can actually put the table together.

4 Likes

Steady like the turtle. Wrong animal… Uff.

2 Likes

New workshop. :joy:

2 Likes

@vicious1 Should I rotate the stepper to the front or is that okay?

1 Like

Maybe run a file in it to notch the wood a bit for room? The front would be okay as well.

How is the table, super rigid? I am dreaming up a new table

Not yet done. :frowning: Hoping to finish it today.

What do you do if you can’t solder and don’t have any connectors? You do the quick and dirty cheat. Hope it works. :smiley:

1 Like

Well it’ll make troubleshooting easy! Just go there first! :smiley: I have done worse, but I’ve never, ever told anyone about it and definitely there are no photos!

What is your printer?

1 Like