Custom LR3 Strut Contest

So it is yellow and blue and you will make custom creations with it… What kinds of custom creations? I’ll take another go at it. No nickname or air for e stuff. Do you have a web page?

Ah. What is your current logo that you hate? What does it look like?

No webpage. We are really slow starters LOL.

My daughter hand drew it. And this one i love. But i need it digital. And thats where the problems come in lol… (Should say “North Woods”)

image0 (6)

Here is the one we got from fiver…

North wood Blue final

To me it just looks over simplified I guess. Idk i cant really put my finger on it but I just don’t like it. We asked for it in a few different formats. One that we could disect so she could cut it in vinyl. one that I could use on the cnc/laser and just one we could put on a website/business card/whatever. that SVG is all we got and when you load that into estlcam its hard to get it to work right.

I did try to digitalise it once as you might recall, it’s not that simple. :frowning:

No I don’t disagree its not simple at all. My problem is just finding someone that CAN do it. I don’t mind paying for it. But I don’t want to pay for it and not get what I’m after…again LOL

1 Like

I was pretty close. You never said anything about it ever again though… :smiley:

My apologies. I’m not sure I ever saw it. It looks great! Except my daughter left off the s on woods so its not there on yours either. Its going to take someone making it from scratch on a computer but doing it closer to her drawing than the one I got lol

1 Like

I’ll try to fix it.

OK, how’s this (I’m going to describe it, as I am out of meds ATM, and don’t have time for this particular rabbit hole): Borrowing heavily from @bitingmidge’s work, take both his name badge and V1 icon swarm… The swarm can easily breach the belt line, it’s just the nameplate that needs to be wary of the horizontal break. (Started this post last night, and returned to it this afternoon…)

1 Like

Going on 40 days for me… And dr wont change it to 2 smaller doses that equal my normal without an appointment. Cant get an appointment till end of September :man_facepalming: I take 60mg. Pharmacy has 30mg falling off the shelf but cant get 60mg at all

Now this I would truly like to see.

2 Likes

I feel like I am failing everyone here with this challenge because I’m so all over the place with what i want. So I’m going to “attempt” to give a clearer path now that i have had more time to think on it and seen some ideas to let my jumbled up head know that’s not the direction i want to go.

Forget the nick name. Forget the business logo. Lets do something cool that pays homage to V1 and the Lowrider.

No one comes to visit here. And anyone that does could care less about CNC machines. You guys are the only ones that will see it and care about it LOL.

@vicious1 question for you sir. Just how much clearance is there behind the core? Thinking ahead to lighting. And if need be it would be awesome to have the strut cut out and then run something like an 1/8" sheet of acrylic behind it for back lighting. If I countersunk the holes in the strut and use a flat head screw would that give me enough clearance for that??? Just don’t want to get my hopes up and it ends up causing problems. As good as I want it to look it still has to function as well LOL

It is open ended. Got it.

The Fat Albert/Blue Angel stuff is neat. I am glad you gave a course correction, but don’t lose confidence, Jon.

This is a good idea and if you won’t cut any of them, you can give away a gift card to the coolest anyway. You aren’t obligated to keep any of them.

There are a bunch of creative juices flowing. Having some direction can help a lot. The restrictions make it more obvious where to chart a course.

3 Likes

Thanks Jeff. I just hate that several have already put in effort for me to come back and say no to it, after I had mentioned it in the beginning.

I guess my whole reason for doing this is I didn’t know what I wanted. Just knew I didn’t want the same I already had or just the plain from the docs. Wanted something different. And this forum is FULL of awesome ideas!

3 Likes

I’m glad you clarified, because while I am fairly certain I don’t want a Blue Angels themed strut on mine, I almost certainly am going to want one of the cool generic ones that comes out of it and now I’ll have more options :laughing:

4 Likes

As @jeffeb3 said, you have no obligation to use any. I posted that first one quickly to get some conversation flowing (that seemed to work!).

As to strut thickness - we know that 6mm will work, and there’s nothing to stop you rebating the back of a much thicker piece to fit the braces. So a 3d carve would be more than possible in theory!!

2 Likes

The aluminum sheet i bought is “1/4” I need to go put my calipers on it to see if its 6mm or 6.35mm lol. I remember in previous conversations with Ryan that 1/4" would clear with the screw heads. But I’m not sure that 3/8" will. And thinking about your “swarm” I don’t want the sections going over a strut to be dark and stand out. So being able to run a full sheet of 1/8" (or sections butted together) behind the strut for lighting would work the best.

I’ll look more carefully at that with the correct number of braces in place. I think there also might be a clear printed diffuser solution - but I have time to play with that! :smiley:

Yes sir Still Plenty of time!

OK, this is a streamlined, clean design that features V1 and LR3 logo/naming.

Once again, this one is intended for pocketing and paint in the pockets to make the design pop.

Strut 2-A

First what it would look like with the X belt, and the LR3 core parked at left, or center, or right:

Then the strut plate by itself:

And finally the SVG file for making it:
v2.0-A

3 Likes