Custom cable manufacturers?

Anyone have personal (or professional) experience with companies that create custom cables/wiring harnesses? (Multiconductor stuff with Dupont/jst/ph/etc. Ends)

Especially curious about domestic (US) options that can do lower quantity runs at acceptable cost. (Don’t have good bounds on “lower” and “acceptable”, sorry).

1 Like

Following along.

All the companies that I have contacted had Zero interest in it. The few that would give me a price was absolutely insane, and they would not sell them without a bunch of tests. I talked with them on the phone, in the silicon valley area, and I explained what I use them for and what is required … nothing changed.

No personal experience with this. Am aware of services like…

Appreciate the topic, am also curious as good/bad experiences people have had getting custom cables made, from where ever was a good fit for their needs, budget and other considerations.

2 Likes

I found these guys with a Google search:

1 Like

I used Cypress Industries (Austin location) years ago for some low volume production wire harnesses.

One challenge is if you are using any connectors that they don’t have the tooling. You’ll have to pay that additional cost. I think they can amortize that into the part cost depending on your volume. But that shouldn’t be an issue if you’re using standard parts.

You’ll also need wire harness drawings with wire AWG, pin outs, connector part numbers, wire lengths, heat shrink areas, etc. to get a quote.

2 Likes