Crown test gone wild!

You can tell it’s mine because of the photo :slight_smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thats a start.

Also, you’re having a lot of new problems. Sorry you’re the first. I really still can’t explain the wild crown. That makes no sense to me.

It is what it is. Im just frustrated. I’m an electronic engineer by trade. There should be no reason why I am unable to figure this out.

However, I am a complete novice when it comes to VScode… How in the world do I compile?

I remember watching a video on it. Was it teaching tech?

yes, sir. his second video in a 3 part series i believe.

And I am getting the same error in VScode

Here is what I found off of VScode

def detect_error(e):

print '\nUnable to find destination disk (' + e + ')\n' \

'Please select it in platformio.ini using the upload_port keyword ' \

'(https://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/projectconf/section_env_upload.html)\n' \

'or copy the firmware (.pioenvs/' + env.get('PIOENV') + '/firmware.bin) manually to the appropriate disk\n'

is your firmware already compiled? If so, where do I find the bin file?
I dont see it anywhere

I compiled it, but I did not upload the .bin to github. It is in .pioenvs folder.

I was able to compile your file with no issues at all. However, I’m getting all highs from the m122. I switched the drivers around in the firmware, but I’ll have to see what I come up with tomorrow evening. i think its best if i just let this one go for this evening.

Thanks for the advice…

Did you have your board set to unknown -1?

This is bringing back all my memories of the SKR 1.3 compile with Tmc2209s I did for my ender3. I thought I followed teaching techs video, but there were some subtle details.

If you message me your email, I think I can copy my marlin directory to google drive and share a link. toy can then have a version that complies.

I never ended up installing the board, it works In prontoface. I have been too busy printing mpcnc parts then getting it running.

At this point I am still working on getting estlcam generate the gcode I want. Then I need to move from plotting to cutting.

@jeffeb3 I have been going over your firmware comparing it to teaching tech’s firmware. I came across the ENDSTOP_INVERTING, he has all his set to true, and you have all your’s set to false, can you tell me why you have those settings the way you do, or is this simply how you have your end stops connected?

I don’t use endstops. I am guessing I left them as the default.

one last question and I think I may have this figured out. When Changing the drivers in the firmware, what other changes should be made?

From one kind of tmc to another, I think you just need to edit the driver type. But that assumes all the pins are right. If you are going from uart (2209) to spi (2130), then the spi pinouts might have a bug that I never tried. Does that make sense?

It makes perfect, sense! I believe I may have the 5160’s working !

2 Likes

Nope, sadly not working.

Now I’m back to all the drivers not receiving a signal. Well, I take that back. I am receiving all high signals. I have some 2209s coming in today and hopefully those will get me up and running with @jeffeb3 firmware. If those do work, then I’ll have to figure out the end stops on his firmware. Which shouldn’t be to hard because I should be able to copy teaching techs settings. (HOPEFULLY :slight_smile: )

You are having the worst luck. Are the jumpers set right for 5160?

Also, I still have no way to explain your donuts in the crown :slight_smile: