Couldn't enable/disable the hard limits setting : Timeout while updating the setting on the controller

Hello
I’m currently working on Mini CNC machine (Made in China), at first they’ve already installed the board with the machine. However as too many problem I dicided to change the board to Arduino with CNC shield V3. I posted previous question about half month ago. After I’ve been spending my time on other tasks and get back on CNC project agian I’m able to solve the problem the when I clicked on UGS to command homing machine moves only Z-axis and seems to do endlessly move, I’ve just solved that problem, and here is another problem I’ve just recently appoaached when I clicked homing after deactivated ’ #define VARIABLE_SPINDLE ’ and activate ‘#define INVERT_SPINDLE_ENABLE_PIN’. The machine is stopped, and yes it’s totally stopped and I counldn’t do the next step for setting as software shows me “Couldn’t enable/disable the hard limits setting : Timeout while updating the setting on the controller.” I believe that it’s about the software. As I’m very new on this field. I’m looking forward for suggestion to fix this.
Thank you

I’m using Arduino UNO board. and I meant to say “Decided”.

Hi, can you post a picture or link to the cnc machine you have please, AFAIK all the mini cnc machines I see advertised don’t have limit switches. Also post your GRBL config and GRBL version.

Having said that, it appears that your UGS is having a problem communicating with your controller, check your usb cable, try another one if possible, reboot your PC and GRBL… all the usual stuff!

1 Like

Yes, for its original board limit switches wasn’t provided. I’ve changed its original board to Arduino with CNC shield V3, For GRBL version UGS said that I’m using 1.1h and here are only what I’ve done on fixing config.h

#define INVERT_SPINDLE_ENABLE_PIN // <line 211 activated>
//#define VARIABLE_SPINDLE // <Line 339 deactivated>

Without limit switches homing can’t work.

Changing the spindle enable pin isn’t causing your problem.

… it appears that your UGS is having a problem communicating with your controller, check your usb cable, try another one if possible, reboot your PC and GRBL… all the usual stuff!

Once it is working again untick the ‘enable limit switches’ in UGS and disable hard limits and homing in your GRBL config ($21=0 and $22=0)

Go through your GRBL config and read what all the options do here

New to sight. Need help with CNCJs Need to post here to begin activity on my account