Congrats to Peter H - achieving "Star of Design Level 5" (Red Giant) on Printables!

Congrats to Peter H (@bitingmidge on V1 and @79444-peter-h on Printables.com) for achieving “Star of Design Level 5” (Red Giant) by having 5,000 downloads of his models! This is achieved by less than 0.17% of active users on Printables!

You can access his models here: Printables

7 Likes

Thanks @DougJoseph !

As I said elsewhere I know that 5,000 downloads doesn’t make me an internet King, but when I taught myself to draw using a computer as a 70th birthday gift to myself this was beyond my comprehension!

I’m not sure what to make of @vicious1 's 18,000 downloads though! That is truly amazing.

Incredibly, thanks to Printables “game”, I have currently seven spools of filament in credit in my account, some of which will be turned into an LR3 at my usual snail-like pace, as soon as I return home.

Four months travelling in Europe over summer is super fun for a couple of aging couch surfers, but it does get in the way of making stuff!

While I usually leave my internet life in quite compartmentalised blocks, if you would like to taste a bit of the flavour of our travels and adventures on our 45 year old ex-hire boat, you can check us out here:

9 Likes

Congratulations on the holiday touring Europe!

Yes, Ryan’s stats on Printables are amazing. Kudos to him as well!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Doug, although we’d prefer to think of it as what we do for a living - we bough a very cheap and very battered boat 13 years ago and have spent (except for the last two Covid years) 4-5 months fixing it and moving ever so slowly round the inland waterways of France, Germany and Belgium with perhaps a bit of the Netherlands planned for next year.

When you are travelling at 8kph which is around 5mph you get a lot of time for sightseeing.

3 Likes

Dude you are crushing it! That little level badge tells an even bigger story, 23!!! You must be dang good at printing!

1 Like

Well, it took me over half a year after Peter’s award for me to finally reach the same milestone. Email from Prusa came today, letting me know I’ve leveled up to 5000+ downloads of my 3D models via Printables.com

“Star of Design 5: Red Giant achieved by 0.2 % of active users.”

4 Likes

Congratulations Doug! You have really been working hard! In the meantime my backlog of non- uploaded models is starting get embarrassing. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! Apparently I am 4 models shy of having uploaded 100. Wow.

2 Likes

Heh, I have a whopping 3 models uploaded.

I have three to upload TODAY! :smiley:

1 Like

I just posted my make of your neat little sanding disk storage box and lid!

https://www.printables.com/model/124998-sanding-disk-storage-box-and-lid/

Thanks for your kind words Doug - I think I need a hobby! :smiley: