Conduit finish?

I will soon be starting my MPCNC build - busy print parts at the moment.

I am based in the UK and will be using 25mm galvanised conduit from Screwfix

As it is galvanised, I would prefer a nice smooth finish.

What would be the best way to finish this conduit? Could I prime it and paint it for example?

Best not to. You’re going to be rolling hardened steel bearings over it. The finish won’t survive that.

Make sure you check it. When I made my Burly 5 years ago the Screwfix conduit worked fine. I recently bought some for my Primo build and it was slightly oval and curved lengthwise. I finished up buying Stainless from https://www.rapidmetals.co.uk/ which was more expensive but worth it.

Hmm - thank you! I might just do that - can get the nice polished look that way :slight_smile:

I went with this

which I was very pleased with.

Were their cuts mm accurate and deburred etc?

Also, if you haven’t bought your bearings yet I was very happy with these

ÂŁ16 for 50 bearings, and much better than the ebay ones I bought before.

I don’t think I checked the cuts for mm accuracy (my build didn’t need it), and they weren’t deburred - a few strokes with a file soon fixed that. Don’t do what I did and run your finger round the inside - it hurts.

I’ll check the dimensions later for you.

My basket comes to ÂŁ130 for the tube!

Worth it, in my opinion.

Agreed!