Cncjs and Marlin?

Does marlin not work with cncjs, even though there is an option for marlin?
this is what I get when connected.
reading up on it, it does seem cncjs was originally meant for grbl, but marlin was added later.

No commands given seem to work.

If not what is the best alternative? Repetier host?
is there a console in repetier host where you can use M503 to read what is saved in EEPROM?

I did check out prnterface and that seems to work. it also has similar look to fluidnc interface.

still wondering about cncjs though.

I use cncjs with my SKR Pro / Marlin LR2. I really enjoy using it, I’ve set up a lot of macros and buttons that work for me. I’ve not tried any other web interfaces so I don’t know if I’m missing out on something better, but I’m happy.

That screenshot looks like the classic indication that your serial parameters are not set correctly. Most likely you have the wrong bit rate, but other settings could be wrong as well.

Ok, any suggestions as to what parameters I should use? Mini Rambo?

It depends on how Marlin was configured. I don’t use Mini Rambo, but most of the Marlin systems use 250000. I’ve seen them at different rates, so if that doesn’t work for you we should look to see what the settings are in the firmware you used on the board.

yep, changed it to 25000 and it connected.

but I’m still not getting movement.

I give G0 20 and it does not move. just get “unknown command”

Do other Marlin commands work?
What do you get with:
M503

no, I tried that too, but they do work in repetier host and pronterface.

You send an M503 and get an unknown command?
There’s still something wrong with the com settings, then…
Can you paste a screenshot of exactly what it looks like as you try M503 or M119 ?

Hahaha, Its working. I was using lower case m and g instead of upper case M and G and it works.

:smiley:

Odd that pronterface or repetier host did not matter

Thanks for your help my friend.