Cedar, MN First Build

Hello everyone,
I have greatly enjoyed reading so many of your posts here on the V1 forum and have gotten so many ideas and tips.

I finally pulled the trigger to build my own. I just received email confirmation today that my new kit for the MPCNC Primo was shipped today and scheduled to arrive Monday November 16.

I am looking forward to taking this dive into what looks like an amazing CNC design.

I travel a lot for work, so this will be a weekend warrior project (many weekends), and I want to thank everyone who has shared their experience in the forums, which will help me avoid some of the more common mistakes… luckily I am sure I will manage to find some of my very own to make.

4 Likes

No worries, they’re not mistakes, they’re learning experiences! :grinning:

1 Like

Well, here we are… The plan is to build to a 26X26X4 work area for the MPCNC Primo. so my dedicated workbench is 4ftX4ft (as seen in the pic)

The Kit from V1 engineering came in the mail on Monday and I picked up the cold rolled 1" OD steel tubing today. I would have loved to go stainless but couldn’t justify the cost at this point. Probably will when I do the next build. :slight_smile:

Work trip to Phoenix, AZ for the rest of the week, but this weekend will see me working on mounting the rails.

4 Likes

Put the hardware together yesterday and today. Loving the build. Great engineering on these parts.

Also, was able to print my test crown… On the second attempt. The first one just drew in the air above the paper… :slight_smile:

3 Likes