Yes very much so. And it is something we have talked about on the forum over there. I need to bring it up again and keep pushing for it lol.
I will say this though, if you decide to give the project a try as is, once you build one, deliver it, and see that child use it for the first time… You’ll be hooked. All the print time and everything goes straight out the window. It truly is a feeling like no other. I challenge each of you, if you can spare the cost to buy the filament and deliver, try at least one of them.
The adderondack chair I posted above was made from cedar. It holds up very well and is very strong.
I just finished the last coat of Spar Varnish on mine. Mine is a “Jake’s Chair” design. I built one many years ago out of a repurposed kid’s play thing that was trying to rot out. I used what wood was still decent. This one I started with rough 2x8’s.
Well, even more projects now…but first, the garden is finally in. Beans, beets and carrots are up. Some tomatoes are on the plants and we’ve picked a couple of jalapeños. The raspberries, sour cherries and maybe the blackberries are heading for a bumper crop.
I’ve never done this before so the outcome is unclear, but, I scored a couple more slabs today, both walnut. The “round" is interesting because it’s from a crotch so there’s a double core.
The coffin for the pride show (designed with FreeCAD) turned out really great! I designed it to fit a 6’5” tall (195 cm) performer friend, and so the lid could be cut out of a single piece of 4’ x 8’ (1220 mm x 2440 mm) 1/2 in. (12 mm I think) thick plywood.
I simply drew a sketch to those dimensions and started putting in constraints and reference lines (dotted) to get things where I wanted (so wide, so tall, top and bottom parallel, etc.) and then used dimension references (the gray numbers, do a dimension constraint and click reference so they don’t constrain they just document) to call out how long a line was or where it started/ended on the border of the plywood. Connected the lines and cut it out! Finished with some door casing and gate handles.