Cannot insert another dxf properly

hey guys so everytime i open up a file in estlcam and i try to insert another file (same file) the 2nd one comes in incomplete missing lines and shapes

1 Like

also ive tried downloading the same file twice renaming one of them and inserting and im still having the same issue but if i insert a different model i do not get this issue only when inserting a dupe

What are you trying to accomplish, why do you need two identical drawings stacked on top of each other? Insert is for adding new/different drawings (or project files) to the current project. Tile is for offset duplicates of a drawing (or paths). Update is for replacing the current drawing with an updated version.

The following is appropriate because Insert adds a new project layer in the same way that adding a new layer to the DXF and using Update would.

β€œIt seems that Estlcam [v11] has a problem with (too many?) identical objects (stacked) on multiple DXF layers, e.g. with only one layer active some of the duplicated objects may be missing. Since any DXF object can be used to create any number of paths there is no need for duplicate objects. Planning reusable layers takes a bit more work, but the end result can be simpler and easier to use (less layers).” (Dave Lers : Workshop : CNC : Estlcam).

i am building a box for an arcade cabinet the 1 has the holes for the buttons and shape and the 2nd just the shape cut out to use as the bottom of box

Hello,

this issue should only happen in V11 because it generally deletes any duplicate object.
Version 12 should be able to insert multiple instances of the same drawing - if not please send me the affected file.

Christian