Camper Van Bed

This is my last project, not a complex design, but all the thing work as aspected.

Machine: LowRider V3 (1220x1600mm)

Material:
18mm Birch Plywood
21mm Resin Bonded Birch Plywood

Tool used: 6mm single flute

12 Likes

That’s terrific.

I was going to use the LR2 to cut the bits for my van but ended up fitting it out entirely in the time it took to build my Lowrider! :smiley:

I had the bad idea to build the LR2 instead of the LR3 cause it seemed easier to me, but in the 48” size was not good, too much flex on the gantry, traducing in shallow passes and too long machining times.
The LR3 is waaaaaay better.

1 Like

Two plywood legs are sturdy enough to support something moving around on top of them?

I tend to over-engineer things. I’d probably stick a second piece of plywood in an X pattern on the two legs.

Yes, two feet and two long flat braces that connect feet to the main structure, but pay attention: the seats are part of the supporting, without seats You’ll need two more feet(if You look the top You’ll notice there are slots for them).
Another important part of the structure is the connection between the rear part of the structure and the van floor, without that the whole bed will “fall” foreward. I’ve been using this type of structure for a year now, and is rock solid.

3 Likes