Camlock Shopvac System

While you blokes have been having fun, I’ve been a bit distracted. I hope this might be of interest to some of you and not just spam!

I made a complete set of attachments for my shopvac a few years ago, but got sick of screwing them on and off every time I wanted to change a tool.

I was thinking about a quick disconnect for the LR3, and this is the result - if you want to play you can download the camlock file on printables - the step files and dimensions are there so you can make your own adapters which stay permanently mounted on the tool or equipment, and the camlock bit just clicks on and off.

22 Likes

I guess it’s not spam if you don’t include a link! :rofl:

https://www.printables.com/model/461256-shopvac-50mm-camlock-connectors-with-magnetic-catc

7 Likes

I like magnets. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I am pretty sure I might print this one sometime because magnets are expensive. :smiley:

2 Likes

I love this!!!

3 Likes

I added it to the Lowrider collection on printables.

5 Likes

Hey i just saw this last night and was going to post it here! Guess i do not have to now, lol. Great design!

4 Likes

My Goodness! Thanks for that!

Nice thought - thanks so much for that.

I’m a bit embarrassed about the blatant self promotion, but I really like this in use, it works as well as it looks and I really hope everyone will embrace the “make your own adapter” thing. It’s certainly been well received on launch!

5 Likes

This is awesome, thank you

2 Likes

I was just thinking the other day about making a way to easily and quickly connect and disconnect my hose to the dust collection on my Lowrider! This may be exactly what I was needing. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing what other attachments and adapters you can come up with!

Being that my design linked below (based on factory vender’s) is already existing and it’s made specifically for the same shop vac hose tip that goes into my LowRider, I will probably adapt a version of this design of mine, but I will be keeping your cam lock approach in mind for possible use on other things.

https://www.printables.com/model/432839-25-shop-vac-hose-connectoradapter-tapered-end-prin

2 Likes

OK I know a lot of you will have seen this already, but I’m claiming bragging rights on this one!

I’ve been blown away by the reaction I have to say - most of my models chug happily away at a few downloads a week, but 750 is a bit over the top!

10 Likes

YES!!! Congratulations. You deserve that win and it is a fantastic design. How awesome is that?!

7 Likes

Wooo! Congratulations!

2 Likes

The homepage featured! Man, that is awesome. Printables is really doing the file sharing site right, and picking quality models.

There were 653 entries, you are number one. Let that soak in for a while.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m afraid I think so as well!

I had my swelling head under control until I tweeted my thanks for the win, to the team @printablescom and the Boss retweeted it! :smiley:

6 Likes

Dang! That is sweet!

1 Like

That is a very well deserved win. It’s a great design!

2 Likes