Cabinetry software tool chain

Hello all,

I am assuming I am not the first one to want to do this, but I am struggling to find tools that allow me to draw up a cabinet design and then take the panels of the cabinet and get them laid out flat on sheet goods for cutting with my LR3. If you do this, what software do you use?

I can draw items up in both Sketchup and Fusion 360, but then run into limits in regards to getting into the next steps. Fusion 360 has an arrange feature it seems, but it is behind a license cost. I can export DXF from Fusion, but it is of a single sketch. Which makes that hard. I can’t seem to draw all the panels, with all the needed features into a single flat sketch.

Sketchup doesn’t allow export of DXF files without paying for a license. But is a bit easier to manually layout parts in a flat plain.

I have seen other professional tools, but not really in the position to pay the hundreds of dollars that they want. I assume there has to be a way to get this done, but not seeing it so far.

If you make cabinets with your LR3 what software tool chain did you use to create a cabinet and then to actually cut it out? Thanks for any tips that you might have.

Philip

Easel has a cabinet making program.

Easel (inventables.com)

There is an add-in for fusion that is a bit old. I have not used it, but it is shown in this video:

Here is the github site: GitHub - tapnair/NESTER: Simple script to lay parts out flat in Fusion 360

Thanks for the tips. Looking into both of those now.