Btt tft3.5-e3 v3.0

Hi @jeffeb3 where can I find your latest TFT35 FW ?
During the weekend I should have some time to test.
Let me know

This branch is what I’m shooting for first. I’d like this to become the first “stable” version. It might get merged into V1 at some point.

So If you want to try a PR for something simple and see if I can persuade a second set of eyes on it?

If people knew I was messing with this screen instead of uploading the 25mm files we would be in deep trouble!!!

Joking, I am uploading the 25mm Files finally! Thought I would post that here to see who is paying attention.

4 Likes

You have a sick great sense of humor. Unleash the primo on the world!

1 Like

I choked github, it doesn’t like big STL files. I even made these smaller. Prusa is almost ready to unleash!

2 Likes

Huh, trying a compile for 3.0 non-E3 and it’s taking quite a while. CPU is running about 5%, memory steady at about 10GB of my 16GB on this tablet. I don’t know why it’s taking so long…

Huh. Odd. I can try to remember tomorrow and build it for you. Although that isn’t a great long term solution. Mine takes less than 10 seconds.

Took just over five minutes and failed with:
FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: ‘C:\src\BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware\.pio\build\BIGTREE_TFT35_V3_0’:
File “C:\users\bills.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\main.py”, line 155:
makedirs(env.subst("$BUILD_DIR"))
File “C:\Users\bills.platformio\python37\lib\os.py”, line 221:
mkdir(name, mode)
It shouldn’t fail when the folder is there already…

Try the clean and build again.

Much, much faster but still fails, though differently. First failure:
In file included from C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Inc/stm32f1xx_hal_def.h:46:0,
from C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Inc/stm32f1xx_hal_rcc.h:45,
from C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Inc/stm32f1xx_hal_conf.h:234,
from C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Inc/stm32f1xx_hal.h:46,
from C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f1xx_hal_can.c:161:
C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f1xx_hal_can.c: In function ‘HAL_CAN_GetTxTimestamp’:
C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F1xx\Include/stm32f1xx.h:210:32: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘__CLZ’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
#define POSITION_VAL(VAL) (__CLZ(__RBIT(VAL)))
^
C:\users\bills.platformio\packages\framework-stm32cube\f1\Drivers\STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f1xx_hal_can.c:1097:23: note: in expansion of macro ‘POSITION_VAL’
transmitmailbox = POSITION_VAL(TxMailbox);
^~~~~~~~~~~~

Likely a mismatch with Windows?

Nope, there were library updates needed… It’s compiling now.

1 Like

P.io does act weird when there are updates available. Wonder why.

This looks like a warning. There are a couple in my build too. I bet if you clean and build again they will come back. But it still compiles.

Yup, builds fine with those warnings.

Hi Jeff,
finally I had the chance to test the FW,
I have just a couple of remarks:

• I didn’t succeed making the touchplate option working, do I have to enable it using some configuration menu?
  • I noticed that when the gcode execution is interrupted the spindle is not turned off.
    We should add the command mustStoreCmd(“M05\n”); in the abortPrinting(void) function

Is there any further progress in your activity?

Let me know

1 Like

There are config options for the touch plate. I can’t remember exactly. I haven’t been messing with it.

The M5 is a good point.

1 Like

I know this topic is old, but I am looking at modifying TFT35 code for my MPCNC and was wondering…do you guys just study the source and make changes and test OR do you have a way of actually debugging to observe the code in action?

Well I just used the ‘suck it and see’ approach…but there will be others with a better understanding of what they are doing that may well have a better system.