Bearings - Some one must sell good ones delivered to Australia

Hi All,

I have built the MPCNC Primo and have run into issues of poor bearings. Purchased from Aliexpress. Did not have hight hopes, and was not disappointed on the poor outcome. The run out is really bad, millimeters… click and bangs as they go… even started to rust… crazy I know.

As mush as I appreciate the great work of Ryan’s brilliant work and that he does provide kits, and bearings. I was hoping get some advice of alternative good sources of bearings. Trying to keep the overall cost down.

Any advice really appreciated.

P.S
Ryan’s store is a great price for bearing but freight is a killer. $100.00 AUD landed…

Just contact your local skate board shop and see what they have. Be careful tho bc they will probably go on a rant about what’s the best etc lol
Also could it be the bearing grease has separated inside the bearing?
You might be able to degrease then re pack or inject with hypodermic needle.

Roller blades also use similar bearings. They need 8x per skate, so they can sometimes be found cheaper.

Skate shop bearings are not “cheap” but they aren’t inexpensive either - Expect to pay $50.00 AUD for a set of 16, or if you want to splurge, how about a set of Cheezeballs GOUDA Ceramic for $200.00!

You will have a bearing shop somewhere near to where you live - they will stock good quality industrial standard bearings at a fair price.

1 Like

I told you about the rants lol JJ
Get some speedies

I use skateboard bearings a lot for many projects and products. Given your description the bearings you have tried are rather low quality on the ABEC scale.
My advice is to get ABEC 5, or ABEC 7 skateboard bearings. Higher than an ABEC 7 is a waste of money. So, Swiss ceramics are usually above ABEC 12. Most routers and hand held power tools use the same bearings as the MPCNC, as they are very common and come in different specs.
As for the last letter codes, ZZ is stainless sheilded, and RS is rubber sealed. The RS bearings you can take the seals off with a small pick and repack the bearing with Super Lube, which will extend their life dramatically.

2 Likes

Definitely avoid Amazon, eBay, or AliExpress. “ABEC 5” or “ABEC 7” or “shielded” or “sealed”, vendors shamelessly lie and you have no idea what you’re getting, at least for 608 bearings.