Arc Overhangs with postscript in Prusaslicer

After seeing latest video from CNC Kitchen on Arc Overhangs in Prusa Slicer, I had to try it. I didn’t try the other option with the SuperPleccer slicer.

In addition to changing the Output options change mentioned in the github link, I also had to check the box under Printer Settings/General/Advanced/Use relative E distances & Printer Settings/Custom G-code/After layer change G-code/ G92 E0

Looks pretty promising. Here are my 1st test prints. The print with the bridge between cylinders actually failed on one of the 2nd Hilbert curve layers, but was good enough to show that the arc worked. The 2nd print with just the overhang all the way around, I made it so it only had 1 of those Hilbert curve layers. So the top for that print has the Arc overhang layer, 1 hilbert curve layer & 1 solid top layer. Those last 3 layers print very slow.

This photo is from the underside of the print of course.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s really neat.

3 Likes

That really really blows my mind. I am glad you tried it, I do not have the courage for that yet. The circle is amazing.

Not arcs, but overhang related… The hardware counting guy also demonstrated multi part/stage prints, using part merging to achieve overhangs over 90 degrees even…

1 Like

Tricky tricky

For some reason splitting the parts doesn’t seem as clever. And the solution feels like a lie.

These new creative solutions to slicing in 3D seem much more interesting. The two cone shape could have also been made with two parts and glue.

1 Like

I agree with Jeff. He has made a simple solution complicated. I probably will not play with the arc overhangs anymore until it is part of the slicer program. The current post processor method is really slow on 1 or more layers above the arc layer. It does not seem like it needs to be that slow on those layers.

[Edit] Actually, I probably do not have any room to talk as I sometimes make things more complicated than they need to be.

1 Like