Another Florida Build... LR3 #2

LMAO that’s the first thing my wife said!!!

Next project… cup holders!!!

Heh, I know where that is.

1 Like

I remember you said that you are in Florida too, but i don’t remember

Had a nasty storm come though so now we don’t have any power. So while I assembled the core the wife painted the front strut. Made one pass with the sander and 120 grit. Will probably go up a few more grits. Definitely won’t be as pretty as @bitingmidge lol

5 Likes

Getting closer….

Just slid the core on. Not tightened anything yet. And man does it glide butter smooth!!! And clears the braces!!! And holy cow there is NO flex in this beam. I’m sure it could hold my 310 lbs!!

6 Likes

I really like your build! It looks awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully it runs awesome when I’m done

1 Like

Looking sharp… literally :smile:

2 Likes

Yea, up in spring hill.

Building a CNC using ancient technology, nice. :yum::kissing_heart:

The M18 orbital sander sure came in handy today while the lights were out LOL

Ok I ran though and checked all the screws on the offending YXZ setup. I cant find any that have an obvious wobble to them. I moved them all around and the problem stayed exactly the same. As long as they were a touch loose everything was good. As soon as I get them tight it binds up. Last time after tightening them I loosened the screws from the XZ plate to the rails and then tightened them back but a much much less as soon as the screw stopped turning from easy pressure I stopped. And with that it rides smooth. What’s the chances I could put a dab of blue lock tite on all the screws and leave them at that point and it stay together with vibrations from milling??? Or do you have another idea for me to try out before I do that???

2 Likes

Not uploading, but I meant the binder. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

LOL I have one for the LR3 and one for the Primo. Makes it so much easier for me. I tried using my iPad but every time I wanted to look at something I had to unlock the screen. I turned it to no shut the screen off then someone needed something and I came back to the battery dead. Just so much easier to flip though the binder step by step LOL

3 Likes

That was the subject of lengthy discussion with @vicious1 some time ago - nice to see the “manual” in use.

I fully understand his reason for not printing and sending one. But it was easy for me to go to the docs and hit print LOL.

That seems odd. Try loosening the bearing blocks and tightening the rails, then tighten the bearing blocks back up. Also try flipping one rail over, or to the other side.

Or try tightening from the middle out.

Another stumper from JJ.

I’m in Odessa, but work in Brooksville, next to spring hill. Pretty close.

1 Like

All of this except for swapping the rails side to side I have tried…multiple times LOL. Will give swapping the rails a try and report back.

:man_facepalming: At this point you should expect it LOL