Adding MKS touchscreen (TS35-R v2.0) to TwoTrees TTS-55 diode laser rig — Major issues (2) & minor issues (2)

Most conventional power supplies will have an over-current protect mode where they just shut off. It is extremely rare to see one that will go into constant-current or constant-power as a protection limit. Usually that’s only bench/lab type power supplies or battery chargers that will do that. If the 4A wasn’t enough, I’d expect to see it turn off and then turn back on when taken over the limit.

@jono035
Thanks. I’m not 100% certain, but it seems, as far as I can tell, that offering additional amps did not help.

I am running one of the test files that came on the factory-included SD card. I am not sure what to compare to, but hopefully I can find something.

My previous tests were done on white card stock. My later tests were done on normal brown cardboard. The cardboard tests showed that the laser was (after all) working without “Constant Power Mode” enabled. Is white card stock too “reflective”? Is it hard to engrave on? Maybe the laser was always working without “Constant Power Mode” enabled, but I simply mistook it for not working because white is hard to engrave on? (Remember, I’m new to diode lasers.)