A neat lr3 table

So like many here, in this safe place. I kinda got addicted to this Cnc and control idea.
Anyways. I placed my non strut lr3 on the kitchen table and cut its struts. Then I went deeper and cut a whole in the table so I could add a Zenxy. It’s still a work in progress but man it was fun. Going to add some angle mirror deflectors and play with some light affects.

Thanks to everyone that helped me on this struggle. You know who you are you usual suspects!!!
Also I had a fail and I have it on camera.
Chord management is a thing.(sound warning)

7 Likes

Did some family games on it yesterday it’s a lot of fun.
Might have to integrate a score board

10 Likes

Nice! Very nice.

3 Likes

Rad table, I think I like it better than mine.

3 Likes

Thanks
What a fun thing. It’s really been terrible for my obsessive brain tho. Spent all night dreaming of lr3 tables and probably was sleep talking again :frowning:

3 Likes

Well let’s say mine is a good 10’ looker lol
Some things just don’t come to light for me until it’s a physical thing it seems.
The lighting and table depth I think is what could have tweaked better.
You need to set these up in bars or restaurants!!
Thanks for all the hard work you do dude.

4 Likes

My buddy just moved his restaurant…he is actually on his way over. We keep trying to figure out a good way to put one or more in his new place. It would be so rad to see it there, and he wants all his tables to be sand tables but cleaning, running them, and me actually making them are small hurdles right now.

4 Likes

I know that… Really weird. Used to have it with World of Warcraft. Doing stuff excessively overloads the brain. :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes I mean you could make it like a cartridge style just have the space for the cartridge and bolt it on.
If it broke you can remove the whole thing and fix or just put a blank out panel in temporary. Could do daily specials and all kinds of rad things. But protection and cleaning easy has to be a thing like you said.

4 Likes

What you need is a pattern that adds something each time you score a point. Like something that can add one star to either end without covering the designs.

You need to be playing the right game and having a fast easy to start the job would help a lot. Otherwise, you would be playing webui and waiting for the sand machine instead of the game.

But that would be pretty fun, if you could do it.

2 Likes

The best place for one (IMHO) is in the waiting area of a restaurant that has long wait times for tables. It would make the time go by quicker, and put people in a playful mood while they waited.

3 Likes

Cool stuff! I like it!!!

2 Likes

Yes and then you could have the specials or features on it too.

That makes me think etch a sketck. Imagine being able to control with etch a sketch knobs! I think it would be fun! Came out very nice!

1 Like

“Look What I Did!”

There’s another zenXY post that talks about etch-a-sketch versions.

start reading here:

1 Like