2d contour problem fusion 360 with flyfisher post processor

I’m sorry if this is not the proper place for this but I have scanned all the forums and documents I could find with no luck.

using fusion 360 with flyfisher v2 post processor. when I do a 2d contour the size is off by the size of my bit. the only way I am able to get the right size on my cut is to turn off compensation, default is “in computer” which seems like the right option to me. does anybody know what I am doing wrong or is compensation supposed to be turned off.

I would imagine fusion 360 should compensate for the bit diameter because the post processor and my v3 lowrider with skr with marlin board have no idea of my bit diameter.

any one have advice on this?
good chance I’m just overlooking something simple.

2d contour isn’t model-aware, so it will let you select the wrong side of the contour.

Odd that you’re off one bit diameter, though, since it’s think you get out by one diameter on each side of the shape.

After the path calculates, if you highlight the path in the browser (or click the little eyeball icon), the tool path becomes visible and you can compare it to your design. Maybe that will help. I don’t think this is the post processor moving the path.

I will check that, thank you. I might have been a little off on my measurements I was shooting for an 8 mm pocket and was getting around 5.5 with a 1/8 endmill. There may be some play in my printed plates. I should have been more precise with my measurements but I will see if what you suggested is the problem because I didn’t pick anything on the path.

Thank you again

If you were cutting a pocket, then i don’t think that’s it. The wrong side of the contour would make the pocket too big.
Are you certain you don’t have slop/flex in the machine? Grab the router near or at the endmill and give a wiggle to check. It should be pretty solid.
Other things to check are the bit diameter in the tool path and stock to leave (passes tab, 2nd from the right). If you don’t see anything obvious there, take screen shots of the design, the contour selection, and all the tabs.

I will check that, I will do a cut in foam to eliminate that variable.

Some things to look at:

• Simulate your work with “Stock” enaled. Then enable and disable the “models” in the browser tree to verify it is cutting what you want.
  • Verify that you defined the bit diameter correctly in the tool library
  • Make sure you’ve not turned any “Stock to Leave”
  • Author a square 2D profile cut, then examine the g-code generated. Min/max for each axis will be easy to detect. That plus the bit diameter should allow you to see if the issue is settings in Fusion 360 or a mechanical issue with your machine.

I’ve always used “In computer” for compensation type.